How Dare They "Warn" Me!!!!

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

How Dare They "Warn" Me!!!!

I'm a Superhost with 100% 5 Star ratings on my two listings.  Yesterday I added a new listing for a 3rd bedroom in my home.  Within minutes of listing it, I had 3 new bookings for this new room.  Instead of sending me a "thank you" for adding a new listing, I suddenly get this message minutes after listing it:

"Basic requirements needs your attention.
Your performance has fallen below the average for hosts, and it's important to focus on improving it."
What????   This is how Airbnb welcomes new business?   How can anyone possibly meet their performance requirements minutes after listing a new space and without having hosted a single guest????  I suddenly went from "perfect" to "fallen below average".  Airbnb, you are tone deaf!!!!  

opps2.png

53 Replies 53
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Michael956 I believe this happened to Rebecca in OR also. 

This also happened to me!

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Michael956 Hi Michael, sorry - but I had to laugh when I saw your post. This just shows (again) the total incompetence of the analysis, and ultimately the appalling software delivery at Airbnb. Their 'inspirational let's beat up the host' algorithm simply hasn't been thought through properly and can't cope with additional listings.

Try to see it for what it is rather than take it to have any value. I know it's hard to get such emails (I also get extremely offended by them) but it just shows how little the executive at Airbnb understand the market that is making them so much money. 

I am sure some competitors will take their disgruntled hosts who don't want to be spoken to like primary school children.

Agreed!  I just spent a long time on the phone with airbnb only to be told they are having trouble with their internal algorithm related to star ratings!  

Glenn79
Level 1
Central Luzon, Philippines

I just tried to update my Profile and after spending a considerable amount of time adding information to it, I clicked on the Save button and a popup window appeard asking me for my Facebook password so I entered it and NOTHING happened other than the popup window disappearing so I repeated trying to save 3 more times with the same result. This is ABSURD!!! 

I'm having the same problem!! Was changing my email according to the help center, click save, asks for fb password and then nothing.  must be a glitch somewhere.  Hope they get this fixed asap, I need to change my email contact. 

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

@Gillian19 So true!

Ellen33
Level 9
Assenede, Belgium

We also had it when opening a new room in our house. So stupid.....

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

It's  a computer algorithm and it means nothing.  

I'm a single woman and only rent my spare room out to women.... so I often decline reservations from men.  Yes, the first thing my listing says is; i only rent to women......men still try to book. I also decline people who don't reply to my questions, or who won't post a photograph and information. It is their fault that I get this message from Airbnb.

So I try to ignore it, but it really riles me that is always a 'could do better' item on my listing that is not my fault..  They have clearly not bothered to read my messages to these people.

I totally get you @Michael956 - the automated snarky and condesending warnings really need to stop!!!!! They are soooooo~ irritating to see every time you log in. Even if I know I should ignore it (and I usually do) and it means nothing........ it's just so STUPID to have to see it all the time.

I always thought...... whoever in ABB came up with this "tone" for all their messages/warnings has a serious attitude problem.

Same thing happened to me as I started a whole home listing for a couple of months over the high summer here. I have bookings to start in the next month when it suits me and I have seen the warning on my stats. Sorry airbnb for being a "bad girl", it really is hard to get up to your standards when that listing isn't active yet. Yes I am taking bookings but I do have my suites booked solid until then. Thanks for making me feel like just a number. Totally inappropriate tone, but I don't expect anyone from airbnb reads our concerns here, so I will continue to ignore their brainless nanny talk messages, actually I was a nanny and I wouldn't even use that tone with young children!

Tamar26
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I did find this new feature  demoralizing. I went from "Guests seem to love what you're doing!" to the warning symbol for things I just can't control yet, like not enough reviews.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Michael956, last month I helped a nearby new host with the tech aspects of the site. Poor thing is getting these messages, too, and without me to tell him to ignore them, he would have taken the listing down before getting even one booking. I wonder whether new hosts are leaving in droves. 

@Lawrene0  All the fun future emails to look forward to the end of next month as I'll be listing my Cottage for the first time.