Listing on booking.com as well airbnb

Nuno107
Level 2
Portugal

Listing on booking.com as well airbnb

Hi I wonder what is your experiennce trying to list your place on other sites as well as airbnb, do you do it? If not why not. What is the management like when you have it on different sites. Did you see much difference in bookings? I’m trying to weigh pros and cons. 

Maybe there are different sites to booking.com that you prefer use alongside airbnb?

many thanks 

18 Replies 18
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Don’t see that option so I will call them. Also just now saw that I was closed for booking with them which had happened to me more than once on that site- magic changes to my listings. At some point my cleaning fee disappeared, I was delisted several times and when I call them they claim they know nothing of it. It is definitely not a site I would rely for some source of revenue 

Dolores70
Level 2
Níjar, Spain

I have my properties published in other sites: Homeaway, TripAdvisor and Booking.com. Airbnb is one of the sites that best works, but I think it is very useful to be in all of them to be able to get as many bookings. 

It works very well with the synchronised calendars. I have all my calendars synchronised, except for Booking.com, as I increase the rates, because the commission in Booking.com is higher

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Inna22   I think you need to uncheck the part where you say you can collect payments on site to get the option. I have had 4 booking from there and each of the 4 cancelled. I don't show up in the San Antonio market on either Booking.com or TripAdvisor as I am literally 3-5 minutes outside of San Antonio, so neither site is a good fit for me though I am listed on both. 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Letti0tripadvisor does not allow any Chicago listings because they do not want to get entangled with complicated local regulations