MEET AND GREET TROUBLE

Pauline44
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

MEET AND GREET TROUBLE

I run an AIRBNB in San Francisco, living in Philadelphia. Things have been going well for years. Lately I am having trouble with my meet and greet / emergency service. 

My contactperson at the service went on vacation for two weeks. She encouraged me before leaving on vacation to send guests the bolt lock code directly, and to have guests contact her co-workes in case of trouble. Usually she provides the bolt lock code information, and introduces herself before guests arrive.

Three days into her vacation there was trouble. Hercleaning colleagues missed a guest arrival. The guests left after calling the service to no avail (no answer) and I lost 800 dollars. Today I recieved a note from AIRBNB saying I may be penalized as my ratings have gone down below a four!!!! I am in shock as t how this could happen. 

Please advise,

Pauline

PS I pay 150 for cleanings and 200 a month for emergency contact/meet greet services.

4 Replies 4
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I would be having serious words with the company that provides these services, maybe looking for another.

David
Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

Can't good help now days.

Time to change something you have been doing.  It's not working for you, is it.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

@Pauline44

Hi Pauline, 

Airbnb is not at fault at all and and yes they do have monetary penalties for host cancelations/problems like yours...

You are the host and the only person 100% responsabile for the listing...

Yes, it is your fault... You should ensure the cleaning was done by calling the responsabile or the cleaners or perhaps get a better management that would do it for you...

We manage 11 houses 1100 miles away, and this is the most serious conversation I have all the time... Fortunately (or not) it only happened once in 3 years... They forgot about 1 of the houses and the guest arrived to a mess... My manager was prompt and fix the situation.. In less than 2 hours the guest went from super angry to super happy dining at my expense at a restaurant neaby... 

For me and for my manager it was a lesson learned... Now she always cleans and prepare the house on the same day guests depart (not the next day or the day the next guest arrive), and I now have more contact for people that can resolve emergencies like this...

I hope you can learn from your lesson...

Luis

AIRBNB is not at fault. My cleaning service provided poor contact and coverage while my normal meet greet/emergency contact was on vacation. 

I offered an inmediate full refund to the guests, and talked to AIRBNB about the situation and got support.

Luckily this has happened once in three years, and a 800 dollars loss over this period is not serious.

I am looking for advice on what company to turn to for my AIRBNB cleaning/meet greet/emergency contact needs.

Thank you for your response,

Pauline