Most Interesting/Best Gift from a Guest

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

Most Interesting/Best Gift from a Guest

So I got a funny gift from a guest yesterday: it brightened up my very long day. I don't get gifts often, and when I do it's usually wine (one of the many benefits of living in wine country).

The guests yesterday left me flowers (always a favourite) and this gem:parlane-if-you-want-breakfast-in-bed--chunky-wooden-sign754_1_75084_medium.jpg

I was wondering what interesting, cute, funny, or meaningful gifts other hosts had received from their guests.

53 Replies 53

I will cover my pups eyes so he doesn't see this, the Walkers tins at Christmas make him crazy! I loved touring around Scotland on my own years ago and was hoping to revisit with my pup, but so far have been too busy redoing the house and hosting. I used to see more of Europe when I lived in Australia, that is the irony. I will have to make sure and do so before my next plan of moving to New Zealand. I was a bit of a fan of Glenfiddich for a while, don't tell my Irish neighbours!

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Our place was the last lodging stop for a single guy traveling on business. Before flying home, he bequeathed us with an array of very useful items he had bought during his trip.  Some of the places he stayed during his trip were not fully equipped, including a cabin, so he made purchases as needed. He gave us the following (all like new): large stainless steel frying pan, large stainless steel cooking pot with lid, spices, two folding camp tables, Thermarest inflatable sleeping pad, dense foam sleeping pad, single sheet set, bath towel set, and some other items I can no longer recall. He was a great guy and a bit eccentric, which made his visit memorable. He wore interesting house slippers and turned our living room into an office. We loaned him our printer for unexpected printing he needed to do. He left our place exceptionally clean and tidy! Perhaps that was the greatest gift!

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

I am absoltely loving all of these stories and pictures! Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I agree @Alexandra316, such a great discussion. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lydia94
Level 10
Cleveland, OH

this guest deserve a metal

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Lydia94

A gold one perhaps!

Hayfa0
Level 4
Tunis, Tunisia

Hi guys & Happy Aïd to all those celebrating (muslim holiday 🎉)!

I'm starting to receive more & more gifts from guests ! I absolutely don't ask for it and don't even expect it, but it's becoming a frequent thing... It truly makes me happy and proud as i am knew to this. Usually it's a simple souvenir piece, or a typical country thing or cards or notes... I'm collecting these & it makes me happy to look at the "gifts box" getting full!

Has it been always this way ? Or is it that people on Airbnb are becoming more & more aware of the efforts hosts are putting in ?

Also, i usually find the gifts with notes after the guests leave. But do you guys sometimes refuse the gifts if they are given to you from hand to hand and they are "too much" ?

Peace and love ✌️ 

@Hayfa0 Happy Aïd to you as well!

Nice that so many guests think of you.

I still don't get gifts too often, but it's always a nice thought!

Casita-By-The-Texas-Bay0
Level 10
Texas, United States

Such a nice gesture!

Thank you for your post...great idea! I will bring a gift next month to my future host in Mexico City!