My best review ever :)

Sónia18
Level 5
Porto, Portugal

My best review ever :)

I had a familiy staying at my apartment from France that had an unfortunate accident with their toddler, ending with them staying at the hospital and delaying the departure back home. I did my best to support them and this was their review:

"The apartment is lovely, spacious and comfortable, in a perfect location near Porto and next to a wonderful beach. But the most amazing thing about this place is the hosts. My daughter had medical issues during our stay and both Sonia and the owner Nuno were incredibly kind and supportive. Sonia even drove to the hospital to bring me what I needed and hug me! This stay is a reminder for me that Airbnb is not just about business, it is still about people and connections. Thank you so much Sonia and Nuno, we hope to come back in better circumstances, and in the meantime I fully recommend your place to anyone!"

This review is inspiring to all Airbnb Hosts and to AIrbnb itself reminding us that although Airbnb is a business the Human connection with the guests can be much more valuable than anything else.

17 Replies 17
Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Sónia18  So sad to hear your guests toddler had a medical emergency, hopefully all went well at the hospital and the little one is doing much better.

And it was great that you and Nuno were there to help during their time of crisis, your guests were visiting from another country and I am sure it was a very stresssful and anxiety filled time during the occurence.

So I personally thank you and Nuno so much for all you did to calm and comfort the traveling family, and also for you being an amazing Airbnb host:)

Rubén

@Rubén16  Yes the toddler made a full recovery and they departed after the hospital gave the authorization to travel. We thank you for your kind words 🙂 Sónia and Nuno

Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Sónia18 

What a lovely review from the guest and you are a great host!

That's why I personally choose to do Airbnb because of the pleasure of

meeting and greeting and hosting hopefully fun,interesting,kind, guests from

all different walks of life and nationalites.

Actually today I'm getting a couple from Italy, such FUN!

Thanks for sharing and it was great to wake up to this nice and

encouraging post.

@Susie111 thank you so much for your kind  words. Absolutly Airbnb is much more than just a Job 🙂

Leo192
Level 8
Spartanburg, SC

@Sónia18 , This is a great post not only about the review you received from the guests but also a reminder that Human Connection is still so important  in our daily lives.  Sometimes it takes an unfortunate situation for people to connect more on a "human level".  You being there for them to help out in any way was awesome.   I love that the review was very little about the place, rather it was solely on the host. You sure deserved that nice heartfelt review, Sonia. 

For all the hard working & dedicated ABB hosts here we need more reviews like yours.  It just makes such a big difference in our hosting experiences.

@Leo192although it was an unfortunate situation it ended up being an inspiring experience that touches everyone that works with Airbnb. Thanks for your kind words.

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story @Sónia18 

@Ben551 your welcome Ben 🙂

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Sónia18, it's great to see a positive story here! Thanks for sharing! 

@John1080 your welcome John 🙂

Deborah614
Level 10
Waikanae, New Zealand

@Sonia0

You are to be commended.    It really helps  the Airbnb brand, and in turn, all hosts when one host goes out of their way to help a guest through trouble.    I would hope that any Airbnb host would assist a guest through a disaster or tragedy.   

@Deborah614 I hope to inspire others with this review to do the same. Thanks for your kind words 🙂

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

I think you nailed it @Sónia18 . You have a fantastic review that you completely deserved. 

Thank you for the positive reminder that Airbnb was founded on positive and personal human interaction and  communication. Let’s hope we continue to exist is this ever changing rental platform. Yes we do aim to treat guest as an individual............

cheers!

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Cathie

Claire475
Level 9
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

@Sónia18  Lovely story. In a world that has become increasingly busy with making money and where people don’t often have the time for common curtesy and kindness, this story standouts, not only for the concern and kindness you showed, but for the thankfulness of your guest. 

Makes me happy to hear such stories. 

Great ambassador for Airbnb and its hosts.