My guest just annoiunced a bridal shower will be taking place at the house. What do I do?

Thomas387
Level 2
Sharon, CT

My guest just annoiunced a bridal shower will be taking place at the house. What do I do?

The reservation is confirmed for 4 guests and I was informed that a bridal shower of 10 or more will be taking place during their visit

4 Replies 4

Tell her absolutely not.  Your listing says that the property does not support parties. Then contact Airbnb and tell them you need to cancel because she's announced in advance she's going to break your house rules.  The guest just can't decide to use your property in any way she chooses.  Plus, a guest can't choose to save money by hosting a shower at someone else's house for the price of a night's stay.  Also, you will not be covered by Airbnb Host Protections if one of those other guests gets hurt on your property.  You need to stand firm and be in charge of your property. 

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Thomas387,

Agree completely with @Alice-and-Jeff0.

Your house rule "no parties or events" is plenty sufficient to have Airbnb cancel the reservation with no penalty.  Let them do the cancelling.

Although you don't need to, I would suggest adding one more house rule that only those guests who are registered to stay are allowed on the property.  This just adds one more layer of security for future potential party planners.

Thank you for your help and suggestions. By the way, another peculiarity with this reservation is that it was made by a memeber who is not staying there. He reserved it for his future in-laws and their children. Should there be a requirement to have the airbnb member be one of the guests?

Tom