My guest was not able to enter a discount coupon code when she made her reservation.

Patty18
Level 1
Daly City, CA

My guest was not able to enter a discount coupon code when she made her reservation.

How can I get Airbnb to honor the discount coupon after the reservation is confirmed?

5 Replies 5
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

All payment isused need to be handled by guest directly wtih Airbnb.  The best you can do is contact airbnb and ask them to reach out to the guest.  But I would just nicely reply that unfortunatly AirBNB handles all the aspects of booking and discounts and they need to followup wiht Airbnb. If they are not sure how to contact Airbnb have them search "Contact Airbnb"  The Help Center Guide in the community forum is # on google search. 

Andrew

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Thanks Andrew -- I appreciate your input.

Michael342
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Or you could adjust the amount of the coupon directly yourself by going into Airbnb and change the amount charge to your guests.  Once you initiate that then Airbnb would ok it and send an email to your guests to make sure they agree.  I've rebated twice to my guests and it works fine.

Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Not sure what you are suggesting, @Michael342. If a guest who wants to book with you has a coupon, that doesn't mean you as a host get paid less. Airbnb should charge the guest less for giving out the coupon and then take the difference. 

@Patty18: don't amend you price, you will get less paid out! This is an issue your guests have that you can't sort out for them. It's nice that you want to help, but they need to get in touch with Airbnb to get the coupon redeemed.

Babs

Thanks for your suggestions, all. I was able to get airbnb to resolve the issue for my guest.