My list of everything that could upset guests

Tim209
Level 7
Honolulu, HI

My list of everything that could upset guests

Alright, here’s my list of everything that could upset guests. What did I miss?

1. The property was not as described

2. Uncomfortable beds/sheets/pillows

3. Noisy (A/C unit, road noise, refrigerator, neighbors) lead to poor sleeping conditions

4. Guests run out of stuff – toilet paper / paper towel / etc.

5. Expected items are not there like tv or internet

6. Things that don’t work such as an advertised hot tub

7. Couldn’t access property

8. Worn out stuff

9. No instructions about what to do with trash

10. Insufficient outdoor seating – guests don’t want to carry the sofa outside

11. Construction noise or inconvenience

12. Neighbor issues

13. Poor communications with the host – either before, after, or during – “there was a major problem during my stay and the owner didn’t answer my calls”

14. Terrible or no WiFi

15. Vacation rental location deception

16. Too many rules

17. Lack of privacy

18. No refund with no explanation

19. And my personal favorite - no plunger

Tim
TurnoverBnB

67 Replies 67

looool! seriously some people need to get it together! some reviews are so pathetic you dont even know how to respond publically as a host 😕

Jan209
Level 6
North Maleny, Australia

hahaha!! 

Jan209
Level 6
North Maleny, Australia

haha...look fwd to hosting you! the frig will be choc a bloc with icecream options...lol

I could understand if you were surprised. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Karolina, no bread 😄 😄 lool

My favourite review was: "Note that it is a city and it might be noisy if windows are open" 😄 Really? 😄

OH! that is SO funny!   I have stayed in Serbia and Bosnia, and I was very happy with noise levels! And the beauty of the Countries and friendliness of People.  I hope to Host Guests from Croatia sometime!  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Guest told me I should have told her to bring a flashlight. She knew it was a 20 minute walk down a dirt road from where she was taking her course and she knew her course didn't finish each day until after dark. I asked her if she didn't have a flashlight on her phone? She said yes, but it wasn't bright enough. Also, she had a choice to take a taxi for $5. 

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

Running a shared listing in general.

A middle aged woman booked with me for a bunk bed in a shared room.  Top picture is of two sets of bunk beds right next to each other.  We're a couple miles from world's number one rated beach, she was paying $17/night.

She was terrified of bunk bed room when she arrived, and asked to switch to a private room for $24/ night, I said sure no problem.  She bought me these designer cookies the next day as if to say 'Thank you' and then 1 starred me in review, said she was scared and had no privacy.  Lol.  She actually one starred me for $24/night private room, but left designer cookies to make sure she got her five star review!  Can't make this stuff up.

I got 1 star for cleanliness from a guest who was upset that there was dust on the electronics. Sure I was upset, then I realized I had two options,

Option 1 - let it go

Option 2 - take a red eye to Spain and share my feelings -

http://youtu.be/Bwi6_Ugq8jA

ultimately I went with option 1

Hi @Ephraim0 ,

I would have gone with option 2

Pulp Fiction is my favourite movie.

Hi @Ute42 it is tempting but then there’s last minute international plane fare... and I’m not sure I’d survive a foreign or American

prison longer than a week. Maybe in Denmark- only because its so progressive in a true sense- heck it’s probably pretty nice, great diet, and you probably leave prison with a PhD!

My favorite Tarantino movie is either reservoir dogs or true romance (which he wrote, but was directed by Tony Scott)

Hi @Ephraim0 , as You mention Denmark:

Today 10 guests from Denmark checked in.

What is this, thoughtless transfer? There must

be someting between the 2 of us that is

beyond comprehension.

@Ute42 

Clearly it’s 

providential wisdom 😇😎

Dean90
Level 2
Zirconia, NC

21. I couldn't get the charcoal started

22. I couldn't find the spatula (in the drawer, with the other kitchen utensils)

thats because you offer charcoal. I consider grilling a fire hazard and don't allow it.