Negligent Customer Service with Hacked account

Laura741
Level 1
Tempe, AZ

Negligent Customer Service with Hacked account

Terrible to non existant customer service when needed for hacked account. Negligent in the effort to resolve given the personal and financial information they hold. This appears to a common trend on the forums and it is a poor business practice to not listen to these voices. I am adding mine to others, the steps I had to take. There has to be a better way but without support, Customers are limited.

1. Multiple calls to support US 1-415-800-5959 (had to google search to find this). Calling daily now. 

2. Get a ticket #. First time I called, I didn't get one. That is becasue they never created one. If they tell you they will escalate the ticket to urgent and you will hear back same day. . . .lies. 

3. If your email got changed and you cannot access your account, ask them to change your login credentials. The 1st 2 times I called they said they couldn't do that but the 3rd time they did. Insist. This would not be as big of a deal if they just locked the account on the first call. Could have stopped a lot of invasion and use of my personal information. 

4. Had to file identity theft with the FTC due to the personal and financial information that was accessed by the hacker

5. Followed FTC recomendations to file fraud alerts with the 3 credit bureaus. 

6. Check your login history. Found that not only Canada, but Ukraine, Japan and China also had access that I was not notified about (Account > Security)

6. At this point, because after 8 days on no response, I tried other avenues to get resolution. I filed a complaint with BBB. No response. not surprised at this point.

I would finally say, expect your account to get hacked with this site and don't expect help from Airbnb when it happens. 

Unfortunate for this mega and unique comany to have such a gapping hole in something as basic as customer support. 

0 Replies 0