New Multi Calendar August 25

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

New Multi Calendar August 25

So we got a new multi calendar today, and I find it to be Horrid.  It is dissapointing for two reasons: design, and implementation.

The new multicalendar added a scroll, I'm sure some people felt that was important.  I would rather have a scroll than not, but not if it means losing most all other functionality the calendar originally had.

Examples:

The multicalendar now does not show guest faces. - This is important becuase the human eyeball sees distinct images better than bunches of characters mashed together.  It is also important because sometimes I have two guests with the same first name.  Also, after something like 400+ bookings, a name is ZERO helfulness in remembering the guest compared to the picture, which is always unique and lets you see at a glance who it is.

The multicalendar now shows the name to the right, AFTER it shows 'Accepted' and the price.  As you can see below, many 1 or 2 day listings don't show squat.  Literally, they show nothing, a $, or accepted but not the guest name.  Why even bother putting 'accepted' in there?  That's what the color green is for, stick with that.  Honestly, more color coding options please, don't abandon.

The multicalendar now doesn't show a single complete listing name as you can see below.  All of them are half blocked out, making the listing titles also 100% useless.

The multicalendar now does not let you click on a range of dates to quickly and easily edit them.  This was a massively helfpul feature for making quick changes, and is now dumbly broken.  When you click on a date, you now click on a second calendar(100% redundant???) to click on the dates you want to edit, and wait yet again for something else to pop up to make those edits.

This brings me to the second part, implementation.  These changes are clearly 100% bad.  This isn't opinion, all this functionality was lost, and now the multicalendar is almost useless.  I wonder how on earth this new system was even designed, or passed the muster before being set up.  It seems clear that they did not communicate with a single host, super host, or power user when they asked dev department for a new calendar.  WHY?  They could have literally called any single one of us, rolled this out for testing, and we would have pointed out the many obvious flaws.  Finally, why not make a seperate URL for the new calendar so people who still want the old one and don't want the new broken one can still access a working calendar?

These pages pull data from a database, they could easily have a had a new url for new calendar until it tested well, instead of taking away working one.  I can't fathom how these changes happen.

BadMultiCalendar1.PNG

BadMultiCalendar2.PNG

21 Replies 21

WOW AIRBNB - you are GREAT!!!   Two days later, and now my entire Listing name is visible on the Computer.  Still NOT VISIBLE on the Calendar of my listings on the APP.  Please fix that PLEASE!!!  

I am so happy that you made the listing title Scroll onto a second line without taking up the page width - so I can still see almost a whole month in one screen.  But I have a 28" monitor so that helps.

WE JUST NEED the problem fixed in the APP!!!   Please take care of that as soon as possible.  I already got a double booking while trying to check avialability in a linked listing as I could not see the actual caldeear fopr whatever listing - I had to guess.  

Lauren7
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

I just called the support center about this issue as I have been negatively impacted as well. The person that answered did not know what I was talking about, so I explained it to her. She is sending a feedback to the IT team, but I have my doubts my vote will be counted. At a minimum, I would like a switch as an option to choose which we like best.

I am really PO'd that the change was not announced. This is the worst programming change management I have ever come across, and I was a software developer and manager for 35 years.

I would like to add my frustraton to the conversation. Showing the notes we create on each listing on the multi calendar view by which we manage the listing is basic functionality.  We had this functionality last week, why take it away? 

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

08/29/2017

Update:

We are a quarter of the way there.  Somewhere around 8 or 9pm we got an update that at least shows the full listing name in rows now.  'Accepted' has been moved over to the right and swapped with name.... 

Better to have the name on the left, but still...

'Accepted' is 100% redundant every time it's listed and is taking up valuable space.

No faces (Vital vital vital).

No notes (I would agree also vital).

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Mercy0 @Jeanette14 @Lauren7 @Ilse-and-Sander0 @Mary312

If you have not done so already, try creating a brand new Airbnb account, then invite that account to help host.

I have a secondary account like this, and found it still has the old Multicalendar on it.  This account is now the one I'm signed into on my phone as well, and it's working like a charm.

The multi-calendar is not showing colors for rule sets anyomre. Also, I'm not even sure if the rules themselves are working. In some cases I click on a single night and the rule showing is "various" which makes no sense at all. I spent hours setting up my calendar on more than 20 listings for months in advance and now I can't see any of the settings. AirBnB Please help!

Lisa75
Level 7
Boise, ID

Easy solution – I finally found a customer service guy who knew what was going on – just click on the button in the right area above the calendar that says “show/hide rule sets” click that and the colors appear and go away and of course with the colors appear everything is hunky-dory! I strongly suggested that tech guys send out a list every day to the customer service guys with all the new things that they have created so the poor customer service people Know what’s going on because this was major!!