Upcoming New Super Host Criteria

Upcoming New Super Host Criteria

Hi fellow hosts!

What is your opinion on the proposed new Super Host criteria?

It poses a few questions for me:

1) How is the new criteria for super host status fair for hosts? We have no control over whether a guest will leave a review. Sure we can ask, and if we have done an amazing job, hopefully they will go through the effort to leave a glowing review. However, for me I host many guests from overseas with English as a second language, elderly people and new guests that have difficulty with navigating the Airbnb platform. I already put in a lot of effort to help them through making a booking and giving tips on how to access information and all the basics. It's just going to be another barrier. 

2) What's in it for guests to leave a review? Airbnb, may I please suggest if you will be insisting on this change, that you explain to the guest on the other side that not leaving a review will put us in danger of losing our Super host status? and perhaps introduce some kind of incentive for guests to leave a review please? (I've submitted this as feedback).

Seeing as it's going to be 50% of all stays in the last 12 months...and I am way off the mark at this point, I will be losing my Super host status July 1, which is a real shame. It's out of my control and impossible for me to go back and do anything about it. I do normally ask for feedback from all my guests after their stay. But now, will probably have to change my wording up to hopefully help guests understand the importance of leaving me a review. But it really is no skin off their back if they don't.

What other suggestions or plans do you all have to help you keep your Super host status? (If that's something that's important to you, like it is to me).

2 Replies 2

@Linda-and-Keith0 there has always been a 50% review rate criteria for Superhosts. There has been a bug affecting most hosts over the last 24hrs where the review stats were incorrect (mine were down to 16% instead of 75%). It's now been fixed, so you should see the correct stats in your performance dashboard.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Linda-and-Keith0

This is not new. Superhosts have always had to maintain a review rate over 50%. You are probably just noticing this now because there is a system glitch, which has dropped many hosts ranking to below the threshold. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.