New Year's Party

Ronald61
Level 1
Cincinnati, OH

New Year's Party

Hi All,

I have only been hosting for about a month now and received the following request last evening.  I have a very nice, large home that I cannot afford to be damaged or destroyed in any way.  This guest has no expericence on Airbnb, no reviews, etc.  My gut tells me no way on this request, but I would like to hear what others think as well.  I was also 19......a long time ago......very scary.  Thoughts???

Hi, my name is Nicholas, and I was just messaging you because I was interested in your listing for New Years Eve Night. I'm currently in college, 19 years of age, and I wanted to get together with a few of my friends from home who I have not seen in a couple years, so I was wondering how open you would be to us having a party that night. Not everybody would be staying the night and we'd be carpooling as well. I was just wondering if this was a possibility for us to do because looking at the pictures of this place, it looks incredible, and it seems like a really nice place to kick back and catch up with friends. I'm really looking forward to your response, and hope you have a fantastic rest of your day.
rck
20 Replies 20

@Kelly149 the Queen ! 😄 😄 

@Kelly149, your answer is really excellent and helpful.

It is fair to the guest, and helps protect the rights of the host.

Plus it scares away the people trying to pull a fast one.

I wish I could give it more than one "thumbs up"

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Put me down on the 'No Way' column also.

Petrina3
Level 10
Sapphire Beach, Australia

The legal drinking age is 18 in Australia, is it different in the USA?....just curious.

@Petrina3 21

Petrina3
Level 10
Sapphire Beach, Australia

Thank you Kelly