New prices

Michael261
Level 2
Medellín, Colombia

New prices

Hi everybody,

I have a great appartment and started AirBNB one year ago in Medellin in Colombia. Since then I have hosted a 130 guests. People are always very happy with the place and only write nice reviews.

But since the new pricing options the suggested minimum price gets lower and lower and the prices picked are always only a bit over minimum, never even close to the maximum. 

How important is it to stick to these minimum prices? I am now under the prices of single rooms in hostels, but my place is way cooler than these.

2 Replies 2
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

Hi @Michael261 you don't have to use the price tips or the smart pricing. Don't forget that AirBnB doesn't know your area and the price tips and smart pricing take no account of local festivals or any other local knowledge or even what you are offering. Others have commented on this community forum that the prices, particularly for smart pricing, seem very low. I suspect it is a tactic by AirBnB to just get more volume of guests booking. But it is the host that loses. I tried the price tips for a short time last year but the prices were too low and I now set the price I think is right for each month based on what I know is happening locally. So ignore price tips and smart pricing and set the price that you think is right is for what you are offering.

Lilly4
Level 1
Paris, France

You can put the smart pricing and put the minimum amount under which you don't want to go below. I did it and it works very well. For example: smart price range: 25$|120$ you can change the first one only (or both) and set it up as 58-130$