Obtaining guest's names

Brad656
Level 2
Mornington, Australia

Obtaining guest's names

I know this has been discussed before but we really need to make Airbnb understand the difficulty we have dealing with Covid regulations. My guests are getting cranky at me because I keep asking for the other guests' names and they say they have already added it to the reservation. However, unless I am missing something, I can only see the other guests' name if they have an Airbnb account. Apart from the time wasting and the unnecessary back and forth messaging aspect, guests think it's my fault I can't see it!

Come on Airbnb techies! Our governments insist we can supply contact tracing Covid details and for those of us who have self check in this is very difficult if you're not sharing that information. It can't be that hard to rewrite part of the programme so that all guests' names are given to the host if the guest has added them to the reservation (regardless of whether they have an Airbnb account).

9 Replies 9
Christine1081
Level 4
Humboldt, TN

I just booked a reservation for myself as a host and another state and I supplied all the guest names on the booking as long as it's listed on the booking I don't think you need to worry about it if they say they did it then I think you need to assume that they did it and not browbeat them to death to see it on your side if you contact Airbnb I'm sure they can tell you what the deal is there I just always date only registered guest on the property. I only see the person who is booked on my side. I'm good with that.

Christine Warrington

@Christine1081  You may be good with that, but where Brad is he needs to have the names of everyone on the booking according to his govt. requirements. Airbnb having the names doesn't help.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

In the meantime @Brad656 , why don't you write the requirement to supply other guest names in your house rules and explain that Airbnb does not share guest info with hosts?

Profiles are often blank, so having the guest add other guests with their Airbnb profiles is pretty useless if you need full names. 

Christine1081
Level 4
Humboldt, TN

Then get a login book. 

Christine Warrington
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Brad656, yes, I agree that it's stupid that we can't see the other guest's names. However, I've created a simple contact register that I've just been getting my guests to sign. That might be easier for you.

contact register.png

Brad656
Level 2
Mornington, Australia

Thanks for suggestions @Christine1081  and @Kath9 but how do I get them to fill out a log in book or a contact register when I have self check in and can't get them to read messages and give me the information that I legitimately need?

The issue still is that they believe I have the guest info as they have shared it with Airbnb and therefore believe I have access to it.

@Brad656, I would just leave it somewhere obvious for them. Even if they don't fill it out, at least you've done your job. You still have the name of the main guest in your booking, so if there were an outbreak, that guest will know who else stayed.

Linda513
Level 3
Hampton, VA

I ask people for a list of names and ages of all guests prior to check-in. I require a signed Rental Agreement, but I could just have them send it in a reply message. I tell them Air doesn't provide the information and the local fire department recommends that I have this information on file for emergency purposes. I have never had any problem collecting this information. My average booking is for 10 adults and 2 to 4 children. 

Brad656
Level 2
Mornington, Australia

@Linda513You are obviously dealing in a different market with different guests. I have romantic getaways. My guests are couples and generally aged between 20-30, I am always fully booked and 80% are 1 night stays. So I am dealing with a high turnover of guests.

All I want is Airbnb to fix the bug in their system where guests fill out the other guest's name on booking but it doesn't get passed onto the host.