Occupancy rate/How good is your AirBnb private room booked in Berlin?

Friedrichshainerin0
Level 1
Kriens, Switzerland

Occupancy rate/How good is your AirBnb private room booked in Berlin?

Hi all,

I am searching for official numbers from AirBnB or experience from AirBnB hosts in Berlin, in the less popular districts, like Moabit, Wedding (both still quite popular), Köpenick, Dahlem, Pankow Heinersdorf, Adlershof, (Nieder/Hohen)Schönhausen etc., who rent out rooms in their apartment or in an extra apartment and can tell me from their own experience how good these rooms are booked (like 80% of the year, 90% or less then 60%)? I am thinking about renting out 2 rooms with shared bathroom in an apartment that is located in a less popular area of Berlin. Average price per night, taxes etc. is easy to research, but what kind of occupancy rate can I expect? I am only experienced in renting out a room in a very popular area, so wondering about the less popular ones.

Thanks in advance,

Jess

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have a look at Airdna or similar @Friedrichshainerin0  (not sure if there is a breakdown within cities though).

You can also do your own research and look at what properties of the type you want to list in the areas you want to list are occupied on their calendars (of course this won't give you a fully accurate picture as not all hosts list their properties all the time).

Your tourist information may also have some marketing data  around footfall in particular areas that you could buy.