#Perth - Meetup 21 May

#Perth - Meetup 21 May

Thanks everyone for coming along.  

Rain, hail or storms couldn't keep our eager and friendly hosts away from our Airbnb Meetup in South Perth on 21st May. We had a great turnout despite the weather. It was a chance to see familiar faces (hi Chris and Jane from Vic Park) and welcome new hosts to our group. We enjoyed breakfast, coffee at Halo cafe on Angelo street. 

This was a great opportunity for our more experienced hosts to help and provide advice to common problems faced. We also discussed the Airbnb Open Meetup in November 2016, to be held in LA. Hosts shared their experiences, what was working well and area's they needed help with.

The main question on everyone's lips right now was how enquiries and bookings had slowed down. Feedback, next meet up should have a theme or specific purpose and be somewhere quieter. 

Next Perth Meetup will be ~ 16 July (unless requested earlier), the theme will be sharing tips how to improve your listing online (BYO iPad, Smart Phone or Tablet). Location TBA.

17 Replies 17
Jane73
Level 1
Victoria Park, Australia

Hi Trisha!

Thanks for organising the breakfast. I always love chatting to other hosts and swapping ideas and stories.

I have flagged 16th July in the diary for the next meetup TBC.

Until next time!

Jane 🙂

Hi Jane and Chris,

Awesome, looking forward to seeing you again there.  🙂

Trish

Hey everyone, 

At our meet up there were a few questions you wanted to find out from Airbnb, I received this on Friday. As promised, here's the info you requested:

1.  Lower Demand: I'm not getting many bookings, things have quietened down, is this happening to everyone? 

Airbnb: It's seasonal and sometimes things do slow down, they have suggested try lowering your rates and see if that makes any difference.

From another contact who has properties listed in Sydney and Melbourne - they have noticed a drop off in bookings as well, they thought it was attributed to a flood in the market of new listings in those two cities.

2. I need Help from Airbnb! for direct help, you can contact Airbnb customer experience team 24/7, for emergencies on 02 - 8520 3333 or vua www.airbnb.com.au/help/contactus 

3. Local Laws & Regulations: Airbnb is working on pushing through fair rules for home sharing on a state and country basis. This is being worked. For your own specific properties refer to your local government/council offices.

The next meet up has been organised for 16th July - we're doing a cupcake and learn event. I've been networking within our community and may have a special guest speaker who can give us tips for our listing.

Check out the meetup invitation and be sure to rsvp asap. I've organised a meeting room at a much quieter location so it will be easier for everyone to enjoy the short time we have together without distractions. 

If you have any questions drop me a line, look forward to seeing you all again.

Regards, Trisha

Robby12
Level 2
Margaret River, Australia

Hi Trisha I would very much like to be included in these meetup. Always interested in any advise or other point aviews. I have been a Airbnb for about 3 years. Beach Charm Villa Suite, Gnarabup, Margaret River. Robby

Jinder-and-Pammy0
Level 1
Perth, Australia

We missed it!...lol...is there another meet up sooner than the July one? and has the Air BNB Group been officially disbanded? Cheers! Sorry for the many questions. I was wondering if there is a group working on lobbying to change the by laws? I have been thinking about it for a long time and the fact that the news rules have been made to accomodate fare sharing industry (e.g. Uber) due to the relentless costumer demand and common sense, it's seems prudent that space sharing should be allowed too. And it would work quicker and better with our active participation.

If there are people working on this already please let me know how I can contribute.

If not please send me a message and may be we can start brainstorming? 

Not sure if you will see my email but her goes jaginder118atgmaildotcom

Best regards,

Jinder

Hi Jinder,

Thank you for your  message. The meet up in May went really well, we had the chance to meet our local hosts and make new friends. I have organised a meet up for June for brand new hosts who want some help with their listing or have questions, bit like a coffee and learn.  Airbnb recommend at least 3 weeks notice for any meet up bookings. Can you make it to the July event?

Kind regards, Trisha

Hi Jinder and Pammy,

The next meetup is on 16 July, here's a link to register if you're available. https://www.airbnb.com.au/meetups/b49hytyjn-cupcakes-learn-let-s-meet-up-improve-our-airbnb-listing-...

Or search the community centre 

In Perth, there's been a lot of changes regarding local councils allowing or not allowing Airbnb for properties in their LGA. The best thing to do is your own research on their website and contacting their local compliance officer. 
I'm not in a position to comment personally but the key here is to be prepared and ensure you've got all your due diligence checks completed.

Kind regards, Trisha

Would you like to join us for a social meetup? Check out this link below.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/meetups/hm5kf59zy-join-us-for-a-social-drink-perth-meetup-saturday-18-june

This link does not seem to be working.

Hi Julie,

If you try the community centre and search #Perth hopefully the meetup should be showing. Or, if no success go to www.airbnb.com/meetups and look at the map, focus on Australia, Perth and local / up coming meet ups will be displayed there.

Would be great to meet you at the next catch up on 16th July and share our combined knowledge.

Kind regards, Trisha

Hi Trisha,

As a complete newbie I'd love the oppertunity to come along, meet like minded people and learn. Just stumbled upon this thread whilst seraching for answers to my laterest problem, guest requesting an invoice. 

Has a location and time been set as yet?

Julie

Hi Julie,

I hope you're well, thanks for your message. We've got a meetup booked for 16th July, would you like to RSVP and come along to learn a few things? Myself and other experienced airbnb hosts will be able to help our fellow hosts on the day.
With regards to the invoice you can advise your guest to go to their airbnb profile, reservations and select the reservation they need a invoice for and download it to print. Its best to do this from a desktop computer. If you have any problems navigating, call Airbnb in Australia on 02 8520 3333 their customer service team will help you through the process. They are really easy to talk to and provide great support.

Look forward to meeting you and have a lovely day,

Trisha 🙂

Jaki1
Level 1
Fremantle, Australia

Hi Trisha

We are new hosts to AirBnb and would like the opportunity to talk to more experienced people.

Can you please advise the location and time of the July meeting - hopefully we will be able to attend.

Thanks

Jaki

The next meetup is on 16 July, here's a link to register if you're available. https://www.airbnb.com.au/meetups/b49hytyjn-cupcakes-learn-let-s-meet-up-improve-our-airbnb-listing-...