Property manager charging me for my personal use?

Property manager charging me for my personal use?

My property manager for my AirBnB only takes 10% of gross bookings but also charges 150$ for any time I block off the date for personal use?  This is on top of a $150 for cleaning.  Is this normal?  I don't know what to think about it because I undestand she has a opportnity cost and the house would go for $1,500 total on a weekend.  It just seems strange for me to have to pay 300 bucks to rent my own house for a weekend. 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nick706  I should think that you have some kind of written contract with your property manager? And that this is in the contract? There are all sorts of financial arrangements between property managers, hosts, and co-hosts and if you don't like the terms, then I wouldn't enter into the agreement in the first place, or would terminate the agreement and look for someone else whose terms were acceptable to me.

Well we haven't put terms on it.  She is doing it on a trial basis.  I just am wondering if this is a common thing amongts property managers. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nick706  I've never dealt with a property manager myself for my listing, but it does sound outrageous to have to pay to stay in your own place. I can understand that if you just randomly notified her that you would be staying whenever it pleased you, so that she would never know when she could count on income from the place, that it wouldn't be fair to her, but if you can give some sort of schedule regarding when and how often you will be staying yourself, it's up to her to decide if she wants to manage on that basis. If you stay there often, perhaps a slight increase in her percentage when you do have guests would be amenable to both you and her.