Smart Pricing has over ridden my Manual Pricing

Smart Pricing has over ridden my Manual Pricing

Hi Everyone

Way back last year I turned off Smart Pricing and have entered a manual price ever since. I do this all the time as new booking dates become available, so typically for a 6 month period. Last week I got a booking and noticed I would get paid 50% of what I normally do. When I went into the calendar I noticed that for some reason, last week's price had been adjusted to Smart Pricing but not by me. All dates prior to that week and after it were still set at my manual price. I've contacted the Help Centre and they say I made the change, but I know for sure I didn't and they are refusing to provide me with evidence that it was me, using the excuse that they can't send me a screen shot from the system because they can't share some 'codes' with me. I think it's a crock to be honest and I'm really angry about it. I've noticed on other chat rooms outside of the platform, that other people have had the same issue and get the same excuse, so I thought I'd ask here, directly on the platform to see if anyone else has had this problem and what they have done to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Pippa

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Pippa33 

I didn't have such issues but at your place I would set my minimum smart price as high as my top season price just to protect myself if it happens again in the future

Niki93
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

I've recently realized my pricings are all over the place too - as if they are being determined by the Smart Pricing, but I've never used it! It's lowering my price by about $20 per night which is really frustrating. I haven't called AirBNB support yet, but it's on my to do list. I do like the suggestion of setting a high  minimum on the Smart Pricing tool. Thanks for that Branka & Silvia!