Review rules : changed?

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Review rules : changed?

Greetings all ~

A question came up in one of the Facebook Airbnb groups I’m in and I didn’t know the answer.

Recently, folks noticed a very subtle difference in the wording of the How do Reviews Work page.  They don’t believe it was like this before, though I couldn’t say.

Quoting part of a post:

I noticed that the wording has changed .... https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work "You have 14 days after checkout to write a review for a trip. Reviews will be posted once both the host and guest complete a review." .... It used to specifically say that a review would be posted after 14 days even if the other party had not reciprocated.”

So I had a quick look at what it told me at the end of a review I gave today:

9B79BE04-726E-4164-B7B6-23BD97A47C18.png

Noticing it doesn’t say “or after 14 days” on the splash screen. Did it before?

The Facebook community are fairly confident this is different than it was before and has been changed very recently. If it is, then the consequences are significant for the review system.

Thoughts? Conspiracy theory or actual change?

Edit: holy crap, I just had a thought... is it possible they are implementing some, or part, of the changes recommended in this other post?? 😮 Doubtful... right? 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Making-reviews-more-fair-for-hosts/bc-p/959758/hi...

85 Replies 85
Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Rebecca181 @Susan1028 

Every time Airbnb tries to *bleep* its hosts in future, I suggest we all change our profile pics to the one below, and blast them all over Airbnb's FB, Instagram and Twitter accounts. They'd soon snap into action if their social media pages were suddenly awash with this logo... 

**Innappropriate conent removed, in line with Community Center Guidelines**

@Susan17 hahaha! Perfect!

@Sandra856 

I kinda meant that in jest, but the more I think about it, the better the idea seems! 😉

Hahaha.. Yes I know that @Susan17 .

I don't think I have ever met or seen the word 'jest' before. I can figure out the meaning of the sentence but I need to look up the word. 

@Susan17 Dang, your image was censored, didn't get to see it - Please email it to me if you can!

@Rebecca181 

Here it is! Let me know when you've seen it so I can delete it again! 😉

*Image deleted by poster due to extreme censorship on the CC. 

@Susan17 LMFAO!  See my comment, below, regarding the types of posts that DON'T get moderated - much less censored - that can truly cause harm. 

@Rebecca181 

That logo is hilarious, isn't it? Airbnb would find it pretty impossible to keep on stonewalling and ignoring us if we all changed our profile pics to that image, and started posting our complaints all over their social media :))

@Susan17 I've already downloaded the image...

@Rebecca181 

I think I just might do an informative and educational little post on the history and origins of the Airbnb symbol (or the "Bélo", as we're all meant to refer to it as) Yes... they even gave their logo its very own name, along with acres of hyperbolic copy on all the noble and altruistic qualities it was supposed to represent. As you'd expect, from Airbnb. 

Based on solid research, I have an alternative Bélo origins story though, and it's a hell of a lot naughtier and more entertaining than the official happy-clappy PR guff... 😉

@Susan17 As always, I eagerly await your next installment! (And all this time I thought that was just a fancy way of acknowledging the logo represented something down 'below' - if you're a guy). 

@Rebecca181 @Sarah977 

Do either of you have the link to that thread where I was going to update on the issue of discrimination against hosts please? I haven't come across it since, and the search function is not working properly - sometimes, not working at all - for me now. (That's along with the notifications, the PMs, the tagging, the copy/paste function and just about everything else). I do often wonder whether it's accidental or intentional. 

@Susan17 Do you remember the title of your post? I can search on my end...

@Rebecca181 

I think it might have been your thread about Innclusive? 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom