Selling my Airbnb Buisness in Austin

Jared-David0
Level 1
Austin, TX

Selling my Airbnb Buisness in Austin

Greetings Airbnb! I'm looking into the option of selling my Airbnb business in Austin, Texas. I've been on the platform since March 2013. I have a 4-plex property in South Austin. 4 private apartments. I hande over 250 reservations a year at this property. Almost 400 reviews. I don't have Superhost status because of a cancellation. 

2 - 2 bedroom, 1 bath units

2 - 1 bedroom, 1 bath units

The business does over 100k per year. 

I have all of the Airbnb data to provide to a potential buyer and the units can come completely furnished; turn key. Below is a link to the units. If anyone has suggestions on how to facilitate a purchase of an Airbnb business please leave me a message. I look forward to your feedback. Thanks. 

https://www.airbnb.com/users/5319301/listings

7 Replies 7
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Would a new owner be allowed to convert these to legal permitted str? Is Austin still issuing permits for off-site hosts?

Wow - Austin seems to have really clamped down on Airbnb. Glad Seattle isn't asking for a $400 license fee and doing geographic caps. Just a limit of 2 units per entity.

I have seen other multifamily for sale here where the multiple of earnings is based on an Airbnb income stream rather than rental income. The problem seems to be is that no one is willing to buy at that price...

This is unrelated, but HOW were you able to add a line-item in your pricing to include the Occupancy Tax?  I'd like to add this to my listing.

Thank you,

Tricia 

Will94
Level 2
Austin, TX

Hi Jared, are you still looking for a buyer?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Will94 @Jared-David0  FYI you can't sell an "Airbnb business". Listings aren't transferable. The new owner would have to set up their own listing under their account, and the reviews stay with the previous host.

No, they can add you as a cohost, make you the primary host, then remove themselves from the listings. I believe this would also involve the sale of the real estate, which is really what matters.

@Will94  If there are any existing reservations, the guests have to be notified that the property has changed hands and there is a new host, and given the opportunity to cancel the booking if they choose. Because listings and reviews are not only about the property, but also the host. Many guests would book a property because the reviews talked about how nice and attentive the host was. You may make a great host, but the guests have no way of knowing that.