I am the super host and recently decided to sell my Airbnb property. Just got an offer and very likely to accept the deal. With that to say, I will have to cancel my guests' future reservations, will that cause me losing the Super host status? I appreciate any advice!
I agree it's pretty rude of the host to do this. It's like they want to milk every last penny out of the Airbnb up to the day the property sells. But on the other hand, you really don't know what the host intends if the property sells- possession could be contingent on waiting until the current bookings are completed. I'd dialogue with the host, letting them know you've been through this scenario before and are worried about it happening again. If you don't feel reassured, maybe the host will agree to let you cancel now with a full refund so you can look for another place.