2 guests asking for pre-approval

Yvonne932
Level 2
Langford, Canada

2 guests asking for pre-approval

Hello, I had two guests ask for approvals for overlapping dates.  I gave the first guest a pre-approval but didn't get a response for 4 hours.  I then pre-approved the second guest, as I didn't want to miss out on a booking.  I'm now unsure if I went about this the wrong way and if I should've waited for the first one to respond or IF I should have prompted them with a second guest waiting.

Some advice would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

Yvonne

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Yvonne932 some guests spray inquiries around like confetti. As long as you didn't reserve the nights for either guest (it  used to be an option when approving) then both potential guests have an equal chance to book with you.

Thanks!  I figured so but didn't know if there was an etiquette to follow. 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

You can pre-approve several guests (as long as you like to host them) at the same time, and your calendar stays free. The first booker wins.

As a traveller I learned the hard way to send an inquiry before booking. Too many "sorry my calendar was not accurate" and issues with voucher refunding after getting IB cancelled.

I agree that sending an inquiry is a good idea for the reason you mention and also to see if it's a good match.  I prefer to have a conversation with whoever is booking anyways.  It gives me a feeling for what to expect....but maybe that's a newbie thing  for me. :).  

Thanks for your feedback!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Yvonne932  I never pre approve a booking. If a guest wants to book they will.

just tell a guest if the accommodation is available when they're in a position to book you'd be happy to accommodate them. 

Thanks for your reply!  It's my nature to be as courteous as possible, but at the same time I can see myself losing reservations that way by giving people too much time to think about it.