Sending a potential customer the URL for your other Airbnb house

Ravinan0
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

Sending a potential customer the URL for your other Airbnb house

If you get a reservation request from a potential customer and they also want to look at the listing for a second house that you have, how can you direct them to that listing. I know they can access it through my Profile, but many of the people cannot figure out how to do that.  I would like to simply be able to paste the URL for that other Airbnb listing of mine, into my message to this potential customer, but in my experience, the Airbnb system will not allow URLs to be placed in a message. There must be some simple solution. I would imagine Airbnb would like a potential customer  to have another option like that available to them.  It promotes more business. Thank you in advance for any help that someone can give. 

5 Replies 5
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ravinan0 

Hi Ravinan, I am Rob, an Airbnb Superhost from Australia and I think I might be able to help you here.

If you direct the potential guest to log in on their profile and go to your listing, and under your description and the first page of reviews will be in large print 'Hosted By Ravinan' with your profile photo next to it.

If the guest clicks that profile photo they will be taken to your profile page and on the left side of your profile the three properties that you host through Airbnb will be displayed, one on top of the other.

They must be 'logged on' though to be able to see these properties.

Good luck Ravinan and if you need any more help, let me know.

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4, wasn't @Ravinan0's question how to do this *without* asking the guest to go to her profile?

"I know they can access it through my Profile, but many of the people cannot figure out how to do that"

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Matthew285

I just went through a great lengthy response to you about this and lost it ....'Unable to perform this action'

Unfortunately I did not copy it before posting so will have to do it again.

I do list alternatives including a multilist listing page and how to set it up and I explained why I did not recommend it.

I have other pressing things just now but will come back to you later on and explain why I said what I said to Ravinan.

Hey, on another note thank you for being such an active and vigourous contributor here. The CC has become a great resourse thanks to contributors like you!

I will get back to you when I have got rid of some of my other duties.

Cheers....Rob

@Robin4,

I just realized that what I wrote might have sounded like a criticism, but I didn't mean it that way at all. I was just hoping you would be able to provide an answer that didn't involve the profile.

(You know so many things!)

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Matthew285

Hey Matt no criticism taken.....I like contributors, and you mate are a contributor. Since October you have had a predidgous output here on the forum. It's guys like you who keep the forum rolling along and I have the utmost respect for you. I might make a comment every now and then that seems contrary to yours, but that is not to mock you or belittle you, it is just that I have to deal with these issues every day, not with my own hosting but with others! And I tell you what Matt....there is nothing like being in an advisory roll to sharpen your knowledge.

Every day I get called an imbecile, a moron, an incompetent because I can't turn black into white! Nevertheless my customer satisfaction sits above the company average so I think I do get it right most of the time.

But on the flip side of the coin I have learned a massive amount about the way this platform runs! I have learned rules you guys are never going to come across in twenty years of hosting....but tomorrow I might just strike the problem that requires me to know that rule!

Anyway to Ravinan's issue. Where a host has multiple listings if they click on Listings, in the drop down box will be an item 'View all Listings' and part of the protocol of clicking that item is the ability to set all of the hosts listings as their listing page rather than just a listing photo.....displayed much the same as a generic search of listings in an area would be displayed.

There are issues with displaying in this fashion, guests expect what is offered in one listing will automatically be applicable to another listing....terms,  conditions, length of stay, cancellation rules and many hosts with multiple listings choose not to go down this path because of this linkage.

Ravinan has her three listings set up and rolling along nicely, I was trying to tell her a way of letting guests know an easy shortcut to her other listings without complicating what she is already doing.

If @Ravinan0 want to know how to set this up I will be happy to walk her through it.

And ......just keep doing what you are doing Matthew.

Cheers.....Rob