Short-Term Rental Regulations in Boise Idaho

Short-Term Rental Regulations in Boise Idaho

Greetings Hosts,

I lived in Bend Oregon for 15 years and moved to Boise, Idaho in 2018.  Several reasons for the move but one of the reasons is that in 2015 Bend activated new regulations that severely limit the opportunity for property owners to rent a property on a "Short-Term" basis. We owned and operated 4 rental properties. 3 of which were furnished Short-Term Rentals and the 4th was a furnished long term (29 nights or more) rental.

Boise has not yet formed any regulations that would make it difficult to rent your property on a short-term basis. But now, there's talk of creating some regulations that would be punitive to property owners and unnecessary in general.  So here we go again.  I've been through this process as I served on the Task Force in Bend that recommended step that could be taken without severely limiting property rights. The City of Bend didn't listen to the Task Force and did what the activist city councilors and thier constituents wanted to do.  Unless property owners  unite and speak up the city of Bosie (or any city for that matter) will limit your ability to rent a portion of your home or an entire property without jumping through costly and and unecessary hoops.

Fortunately in Idaho property rights will not allow an outright ban, but cities can make it pretty difficult through unnecessary regulations.
Thanks for reading this article.
If you find it useful or helpful give it a thumbs up!

Stan

0 Replies 0