Should guest cancellations of reservations before they start appear on a guests review page?

Should guest cancellations of reservations before they start appear on a guests review page?

I would like to suggest that if a guest cancels a reservation before it starts it should show up on their review page, like it does on a host's page - with of course the right to respond publicly and clarify why they cancelled.

If you agree please go to this link in Host Voice and thumb it up. Thanks

3 Replies 3

Anyone wishing to thumb this idea up needs to click the link in the original post above and go to the Host Voice page and thumb it up there.    Thumbing up this post here will not count as a  vote in agreement.

Bump @Linda @Cormac @Marzena

Chuck30
Level 1
Dallas, TX

I had a quest that inquired regarding booking starting today.  After several back and fourths the guest decided 3 days ago not to book.  Then late this afternoon the guest called in a panic to rent the house.  Luckily, I was able to get the house ready for the guest and rearrange getting my boys for the weekend.  Then after going back and forth with the guest again they decided not to rent the house.  I plan on charging them the cancellation fee for my trouble to continue to rearrange my plans when I offered them several opportunities to cancel the reservations that they did not take.

Chuck30
Level 1
Dallas, TX

Most of the questions I receive from guests are in regards to the cancellation of there booking.  If they get their money back etc.  Can there be more detailed information and a helpline for guest to call that will explain this to them?  Since I am not given contact information I can not contact them myself and this wastes a lot of mine and the guests time.