Show me yours and I’ll show you my... xmas tree

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Show me yours and I’ll show you my... xmas tree

Hello All,

it’s that time of the year again... xmas! 
Three questions- are you decorating? When are you putting everything up?  If possible, can you show me how it looks? 
Asking (seriously), as the child in me is so excited about this! And before you say anything, mine is fake and it’s tacky but I love it (so please no hate).
Wishing you a beautiful day and thank you!
Yadira 🙂

ps- I get it’s early but if it were me I would have this up since October (maybe?!) 3844952D-A0C4-44D1-9D4F-4F657BCA3DF2.jpeg

*rotated and resized for better optimisation by OCM*

20 Replies 20
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nakayama0 This is so beautiful already- can’t wait to see it all decorated! Have a beautiful day:)

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Nakayama0 Amazing, looking forward to seeing it finished!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing @Nakayama0! Can't wait to see it once it's finished :-). 

Do share the pictures later! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Nakayama0 !

Do you have an update on your beautiful decoration?

Thanks

-----

Jo13
Level 10
Durban, South Africa

@Yadira22 

Hello Yadira,

1) Yes we are decorating
2) We'll put up our decorations early-mid December
3) Here is our tree from last year

I may have noshed a Lindor. Or two.I may have noshed a Lindor. Or two.
We share our beloved old coastal home with guests over the year-end holidays. As it's high summer; hot, humid, and over 30 degrees Celcius most days, things are the opposite of cosy here! It's truly subtropical Christmas.

Many people will braai (British folks, I'm sure you know what that means) for Christmas lunch. Pudding is more likely to be a Saffa favourite, peppermint crisp tart, or ice cream than steamed Christmas pudding.

Here is a recipe, for those who are so inclined: https://drizzleanddip.com/2012/06/11/peppermint-crisp-pudding/

And one that offers substitute ideas if you can't get the traditional South African ingredients: https://www.cooksister.com/2007/08/peppermint-cris.html
​Our tree is handmade from some bamboo and wood we found in our garden. I decorate in green, which is reflective of our beautiful green coastline, and silver. Mint Lindor balls are put on the tree and under it. It's really difficult not to eat them while setting it up!

Fellow hosts around the world, what is Christmas like where you live and/or host? What do you eat?​

Greetings from sunny SA,

Jo
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Jo13 ,

Looks wonderful and I've learnt a lot about South African festivity customs. For me, in Britain, we have our Christmas staples: Roast turkey, roast potatoes, carrots, brussels, stuffing, pigs in blankets, gravy... the works! But now we are in the run up, I've seen a few mince pies popping up!

Thanks

-----