So, apart from the money, what have you gained from hosting on Airbnb?

So, apart from the money, what have you gained from hosting on Airbnb?

a6e596af-5795-4ff6-a2f2-0ec75cbda540.jpg

We have rediscovered the joy of meeting a new generation of people from around the world.

To put it in context we have to do Airbnb to help make ends meet, but when we were first married with young kids we used to host foreign exchange students and our kids (now grown up) benefiited (I think) enormously from meeting people from other cultures.

Now that we are older we ourselves are meeting the international "next generation", and it's an eye-opener.  They are like we were, but instead of fearing  nuclear Armageddon as we were in the 1980s they are worried about climate change and global stuff.

We are meeting the nicest people on Airbnb.  How about you?

76 Replies 76
Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

more than just money..?

experience, fun, the whole spectrum of meeting possible different variety of human behaviour and background, facing different challenges and etc

but the most important think I can prove that every body in third world country have a fighting a change, an opportunity to make it if they have the willingness and and consistency to work hard to achieve success.. cause our poverty problem is not acquire by birth or destine by faith, but determine by ones attitude that is use in daily decision making process..

With in it's value of honesty and equality also help to heal the world we are living in bit by bit, through our action in the community.. 

A social dedication, while making money.. Is some thing that is not common in Indonesian's social movements. and also making people smile.

Receive many helps opportunity to many improvements 

-MANASUI-

Jeffrey Bong

@Manasui0  An inspiring post, my friend.  Yes there is more to life than the money.