Sometimes I hate airbnb (aka-people are stupid) - what grinds your gears?!

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Sometimes I hate airbnb (aka-people are stupid) - what grinds your gears?!

Wording in my listing....

"We DO NOT allow our guests to have their own guests. We only allow paid guests on the premises."

"Generally, you will have the whole arcade to yourselves but you may encounter myself, my partner or some of our friends in the arcade. So, don't be surprised if you happen to see someone else playing too. Like the swimming pool, the arcade is also a shared area."

Recent "bogus" booking request (not a "contact the host" inquiry) that I had to decline within 24 hours, from a 0 review user who didn't see the "contact the host" links & couldn't be bothered to read any of the listing.

"Would i be able to invite people? And will I only be there?"

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Donald28 

I normally answer such requests with added line:  please withdraw your request. If they do, it saves me on "acceptance rating" :>) .

These people are so slow that they probably wouldn't know how to do that or even bother trying. 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Donald28, on behalf of hosts worldwide, we feel your pain. 

@Donald28 

Yup...... our listing is a single occupancy private room in our home. We are very clear we don't allow the Airbnb guest to bring friends or visitors into our home. (No guest(s) of the Airbnb guest allowed) 

We still get messages asking "I know you said no guests but I'd like my GF to come and hang out with me in my room sometimes. We won't bother you or anything" 

I clicked decline at lightning speed~