Special event pricing and small damages

Elizabeth198
Level 1
Houston, TX

Special event pricing and small damages

Hey my fellow hosts,

I live in Houston and I am ready to unblock the dates for Super Bowl. Does anyone have experience with special event pricing? How much to charge? I am fairly close to the action (1-5 miles away) and want capitalize on the event however remain competitive. How much should I charge for my studio apartment? 

Secondly, what do you guys do about guests that damage your sheets, pillows, rugs, etc? Its not enough to file a claim but it's annoying. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks for your feedback. 

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Why not look at what other properties in your area are charging for SuperBowl. They must have adjusted their prices for that weekend too.

As for minor damage - it's wear and tear and not something that you want to get stressed out about when it happens. Put a small amount aside from each booking to cover new towels, sheets etc. Different of course if someone shreds your towels and sheets, then yes, claim on your security deposit. 

It's always a good idea to stock your property with items that can be replaced easily and individually, rather than saying an entire bedding set has been ruined because of a stain on a pillow case (which AirBnB won;t support either).

Good luck

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

What is the cause of the damage?  Makeup?  Stains? Rips/tears?  Depending on the cause, see what you can change to help alleviate that type of damage. (I.E. providing makeup removing wipes, etc.)

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

I check to see what hotels do which here is to triple their prices...At least double yours.

as for damage, wait for last minute and give a poor rating on your review of them....protect future hosts.