Split Weekends

Ryan63
Level 9
Packwood, WA

Split Weekends

Airbnb, please configure a setting that makes it impossible for a guest to book a Saturday night stay without checking in on or before Friday!

As my property has become more popular, and my rates have increased, I'm seeing a lot more guests book only Satuday night to save a few bucks.  I can adjust the minimum stay to two nights, but that results in Saturday and Sunday night bookings, with Sunday going a lot cheaper than Friday.  (The guest who wants to stay Friday and not Saturday is quite rare.)

I can make Saturday unavailable for check-in, but then it appears as unavailable (grayed out) when people click on the calendar widget, even when it's actually available.  There's nothing there to explain to guests that it's simply unavailable for check-in, but otherwise available if the guest checks in on a  prior day. 

This is infuriating!  Please fix it!  

3 Replies 3
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

Why don't you set a two-night minimum for weekends using the Availability Settings? That should do the trick.

I can set a two night minimum for any day of the week, but I don't see any way to bundle Friday and Saturday nights within that two night minimum.

Setting a two night minimum for Friday and Saturday still doesn't make it impossible to split the weekend.

This seems like such a basic hosting need that I feel like I have to be missing something. Am I?

TracieandJason0
Level 8
Philadelphia, PA

Most people don't even book for Sundays anyways. Like you said, it's only to get around the 2 day minimum while getting the best price. Unless Airbnb fixes this, I think you should just increase your Sunday price as a weekend price as well in the calender view. I might do this also.....