Standard Fees in Pricing Tab

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

Standard Fees in Pricing Tab

Dear Hosts,

I noticed that there is a Standard Fees dropdown added a little while ago. But I just realized that there is a Linens Fee in the dropdown list. Do any of you know why is this there and have used this?  Thanks for the feedback!

I have not used any other fees either. It seems to be those fees were added for the benefits of those large business enterprises like hotels and resorts etc.

StandardFees.png

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alice595  A couple years ago Airbnb brought in a list of "essential" items that all listings must provide. Stuff like toilet paper, soap, bedding and towels. There was a huge outcry from hosts in places where linens and towels aren't traditionally provided, and guests who go to those places don't expect them. These were mostly hosts, as far as I could tell, who had beach vacation rental cottages on the east coast of the US, and some like that in Europe. They said their places were remote, that there were no laundry facilities, and no linen services, the hosts lived sometimes hours away, and that if they had to stock a place with enough sheets and towels for the 10 guests their places accommodates, and then find a way to get all that laundry washed, they would have to up the price of their listings to an absurd amount. Most of their guests drive in, so can easily bring their own bedding and towels. 

Airbnb backtracked on that requirement because of the uproar it caused (wish they'd do that with profile photos!).

I would suspect that's what that Linen fee is about- for hosts who don't normally provide that, but will at an additional cost for guests who request it.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alice595 

Those fees are allready there for a long period, so it is not new. The linens fee is for accomodations who normally have no linens available for guests (guest are expected to bring them self). The fee is added to the cleaning fee (as explained on the page)

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

I (mis)use the "community fee" for my county transient lodging tax that Airbnb does not collect.

@Lisa723 That is a good way to collect tax since there is no option for you to collect that. Good idea!