Stolen Cash

Haley17
Level 1
Mesa, AZ

Stolen Cash

I am 98% sure that guests I hosted stole a jar of pesos that was hidden behind some objects on a shelf in my office. When I confronted them I asked "Have you seen a jar like this one that I use to keep bills (I showed them a jar full of change)?" They said, "What currency was it?" Which is really suspicious because I didn't mention it being a foreign currency. When I said, "pesos" they said, "Oh, ofcourse not." There was about $100 dollars worth of pesos in the jar. I also suspect that they were drug users because they had lots of needle marks on their arms. I want to alert Airbnb of this issue so that others don't welcome these people into their home. 

1 Reply 1
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It will be very difficult for you to prove it to Airbnb because practically you don't have any proofs, and Airbnb tend to side with guests, @Haley17. One thing is that you might flag that user and reflect the incident in thumbs down and feedback to airbnb. But be careful when writing the review, word it the right way because Airbnb might remove it later.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"