Subletting your Rental for Airbnb Orlando

Julian358
Level 1
Clermont, FL

Subletting your Rental for Airbnb Orlando

Hey all! I am new to this group. My name is Julian and I'm working in Orlando. I would like to meet some people who host here in the area. I am looking to sublease my rental for airbnb and want to know the right way going about the process. Anyone willing to grab a bite and educate? 🙂

Thanks 

7 Replies 7
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Julian358: Is your landlord aware that you will be subleasing or are you trying to do this under the radar? I don't know your living situation but one nosey neighbor could blow that whole thing up in your face if you are trying to do it on the sly.

The goal is to not do it on the sly. You're asking for legal trouble @Barry-and-Lera0 . I believe in integrity. I will be transparent. It's the only way to have a good business. Have you subletted an airbnb?

@Julian358: We have not. Too many variables that can come into play that I do not want to deal with.

1. Nosey neighbors that complain to the landlord/local municipalities.
  2. Landlord / Lease issues based on guest actions.
  3. Damage to an apartment by a guest that has my name attached to the lease.

All no's for me. I would only do a short term rental if I owned the property. That property would also not be in an HOA community. We bought a home with a seperate guesthouse to do short term rentals and it has worked out very well so far as we have far more control. We are renovating in August / September 2019; adding a washer and dryer in our guesthouse. Sarasota is still on the fence with short term rentals and might start cracking down on hosts renting less than seven nights. Without a washer and dryer we would have been left in the dust. One of those fun variables.    

Someone in the airbnb Facebook just made a post about Seminole County and it being rejected to regular short term rentals under a month. Look into it when you can. And thanks for your post. There are people successfully subleasing their airbnb. I want to meet them and begin.

Regulate **

HI! My name is Olympia. I would like to ask you how I can give my house to another person in order to renovate  it and get it rent to others (sublease, sublet my own appartment to someone who is interested in rending my house via airbnb). I, as an owner, will demand only a stable pre-agreed ammount of money per month and not some percentage of the whole profit. Are you interested in having a conversation about this issue?

Information of the house: 70ms, infront of a lake, in the centre of the town Ioannina, Greece, first floor, autonomy in heating, without furniture.

Julian, where do things stand currently? Were you able to sublet your residence? I'm looking to do something similar. Is there a local Meetup 4 Western Orlando area?  Barry and Lara, I appreciate you sharing your experience. For someone just starting out there's so many questions. Half the time you're wondering if you're asking the right ones... I too would be interested in meeting with fellow air BNB'ers.