Un reasonable guest

Fran10372
Level 1
Anthony, NM

Un reasonable guest

I just hosted the beginning of my first 3 bookings.  The person who booked was not with the guests who stayed 2 adults and 3 children.  Only 4 were on the reservation I charge $10 per person over 4. I also offer a 45% discount for more than 6 nights.  The person who booked booked for 14 nights instant booking at 11 am his guests were on property at 3:05 pm. They complained about the refrigerated air not cooling enough. So I scheduled the repair. The next morning they said it was to cold and working fine. I canceled the repair. That night they said it wasn’t working again.  I schedule another repair. The repair company came out clearly stated there is nothing wrong with the unit and is working correctly. Wife now says she saw a mouse. They left and were looking for a hotel. My exterminator was just here and has not found any rodent droppings. The person who actually booked my house wants to pay nothing and cancel the remaining reservation.   What is reasonable?  My house has been booked non stop from the beginning with a 2 day break between guests for enhanced COVID cleaning.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Fran10372 Sad to see your early experience is not good. What is your cancellation policy? 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Fran10372 

Offer no refund, but let Airbnb decide how much to return when they cancel.  Airbnb ususally pays you for the days stayed, but returns the days unoccupied.  

As you become more experienced, you will have more strength to refuse 3rd party reservations or more guests than reserved.  Good luck

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

So sorry that happened, most guests are not like that!
Never accept 3rd party bookings!  you should have gotten CS involved earlier as soon as you realized the person who booked wasn't there and the people were going to be a problem.