Video Tour and Drone Video Footage

Spencer37
Level 3
Charleston, SC

Video Tour and Drone Video Footage

I have our rental properties listed on several different listing sites, and want to implore all Hosts to send feedback messages to AirBnB requesting that they add the option for Hosts to post video walk-through tours of their rental properties in order to give potential guests a more accurate understanding of the property. It also benefits the Hosts that are serious about their rental property business and have invested in professional videography as a differentiator to attract more bookings. If AirBnB is concerned about the bandwidth of accepting video uploads and storing them on their servers, then they should at least allow for links to YouTube videos to be posted after review by the AirBnB team to ensure the video meets all the guidelines. HomeAway offers the ability to post approved video tours, and I have had many guests who have told me the video footage was the deciding factor that allowed them to choose my Villa over others they were deciding between. 

Please, let AirBnB know that this is important to Hosts by contacting them to create the urgency. They are collecting their fees, they need to be providing us with all the tools in order to succeed as a small business.

21 Replies 21

I did and that's why I posted. After I had researched and talked to Airbnb support... Now you're spamming... Stop harassing me and our community.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Timothy467 Thanks for raising this, we'll flag this with CS. For now you can post your advertisement in the Host Clubs. You can find them here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs

I hope that helps. 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

a community thread that is devoted specifically to advertising services seems to be the answer. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why do we need an advertising thread? @Gillian166  this is a forum for hosts and guests to discuss issues relating to Airbnb.

Not a forum for those trying to promote their services to hosts.

It takes a community... Stop trolling everyone ***... Lol

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Timothy467 alrighty, no need for name calling mate. She's being a bit huffy, let it go. #community, remember. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Helen3  years ago i was trying to get some work offering photography services to hosts, and i messaged them via their listings, many did not like this. It's hard to target these hosts directly, even though some of them seriously need better photos (lots of crooked photos, with poor lighting, too many verticals, and other small things that interior photographers can correct). I gave up in the end, because too many hosts with poor photos can't see how bad their photos are, nor did they place any value on quality photos. 

I'd think that were we looking for services, this forum would be a logical place to start looking, and I see no issue with a thread devoted purely to this type of posts, and hosts can choose to ignore it.