Well this is a new one on this forum for me

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

Well this is a new one on this forum for me

@Lizzie Is there a limit on how many private messages I can send from this forum? Well oboviously there is lol, what is it the limit? Is it daily, weekly, monthly? I get a lot of messages for help or about my meetup for San Antonio & Austin and reply, but have not been able to reply to the last few I've gotten. I get a message I've reached my limit. I know, I talk too much and probably deserve this ;D 

large.png

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

16 Replies 16
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Letti0,

Hmm...this is strange. Can I check if you have sent a large amount of messages to the same person today? Is this message showing for everyone you send messages to?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lizzie  I sent Patrick a few before it started then I could not message him again when he sent me another message. Robert haven't sent one to him in a while he sent me one this morning and I couldn't reply. The last few messages I've tried to send since Friday had this displayed. Haven't been able to send any messages I get an Oops message (see below) or I have reached limit message (other screen shot).

Screenshot (99).png

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Letti0,

It doesn't sound as though you have sent a large quantity of messages to the same person and even if this was the case, as I understand it if you gave it a rest over the weekend, this should have refreshed certainly by today. (If you send a large quantity of the same message to the same person over a short amount of time, the system may cap you to prevent spam like activity – however this doesn't sounds the case for the amount you have been sending). 

I wonder, is anyone else experiencing this when sending direct messages here in the CC? 

If you can try tomorrow sending another message, perhaps to a different person and report back that would be really useful. 

Thanks for letting me know and speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi @Lizzie ,

You wrote:

I wonder, is anyone else experiencing this when sending direct messages here in the CC? 

I don't think anyone else is experiencing this problem bc

noone else is writing as much as @Letti0 does.

Letitia is the typing queen on the english community center,

and I am the being deleted queen on the german CC.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Ute42, I am pleased to see that it is more of an isolated issue, I am sure we will get this sorted and Letitia will be back up and running on DMs very shortly. 🙂

I hope you are good, Ute. 

--------------------

@Lizzie  I was able to send a test response to @Ute42 and it went through. I still can't message Robert get the Oops message still. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Okie dokie, thanks @Letti0, I'm going to look into this a bit to see if I can see why this is happening, at least it isn't happening to everyone you speak to, but it could be a number of different things. 

In the meantime, if it isn't a fast fix, I know you are trying to plan your meetup, so if you need my help in anyway, just let me know. 🙂

--------------------

@Lizzie  I just found a work around. I went to Roberts profile and I was able to send a new message to him. I just can't use the old message anymore. It seems to have only happened with the two that had more messages back and forth than usual.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ah, very interesting. Well this is a great workaround and certainly something to keep in mind if using the same reply everytime. I will still mention it to our tech team. In this case, it would be nice to have to at least change the prompt error message to provide a little more information on what to do. 🙂 

Thanks @Letti0 for highlighting this and I'm pleased to can resume your conversation. 

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Plus, thank you @Ute42 for helping with testing this out. 🙂

--------------------

@Ute42I didn't know that there's a German community centre. I'm polishing up my German: I will go check it out.

Hi @Alexandra316 ,

if You're having problems to understand what we

Germans write pls don't hesitate to contact me.

@Ute42 Vielen dank! Ich arbeite für eine Deutsche Firma und besuchte eine Waldorfschule: mein Deutsch sollte besser sein!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lizzie  Thanks, will do one to some else tomorrow.