What happens if i don't review the guest?

Michael1107
Level 4
Parma, Italy

What happens if i don't review the guest?

Hello guys airbnb tells me that the last gust made a review, and i have 14 days to review him as a guest. Meanwhile i can't see what he wrote... 

But what happens if i don't review myself? Will his review appear anyway on my profile after 14 days? 

1 Reply 1
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Michael1107 

His review of you will appear on your profile after 14 days.

If you receive a booking the review program is triggered on the morning of the scheduled start of the stay. The guest may not have set foot in your listing, they might cancel on the morning of the stay....they will still be offered the option of leaving a review, and you will have the ability to review the guest even though the stay did not take place.

The review window for both host and guest opens at 2.00pm on the scheduled last day of the stay, and you have until midnight local time on the 14th day after the review window has opened to leave a review. You will be prompted in the message stream how many days left you have to leave a review.

Once the guest has reviewed you, you will receive an email or message telling you that the guest has left you a review, in order to see that review you must submit a review of the guest  

Once a guest writes a review of you that review is accepted and remains hidden, until the end of the 14 day review window, or until you write a review of the guest. Once a review of each of you has been accepted by the Airbnb review program both reviews will be simultaneously posted on each others profile.

Once the 14 day review window has expired it is no longer possible to submit a review, support staff cannot intervene and grant an extension, if you miss that window the game is over, that's it.

You will each be able to submit a public response to each others review. The guests may respond to your review and that will be shown directly below your review on the guests profile. The same also applies to the guests review of you. You will be able to leave a public response to their review which will appear directly below their review on your profile.

I won't get into how to handle a review here, that's another subject but a very important one. I have simply described here the mechanics of how the review process operates.

All the best.

Cheers........Rob