What is the purpose of the guest review if we can not see it? :)

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

What is the purpose of the guest review if we can not see it? :)

I can not help asking this question! What is the purpose of the guest review if we can not see it? 🙂

What makes the difference between Airbnb and other booking websites is the fact that, both the guest and host are reviewed.

If the hosts can not see anyway the guest´s review, it is no use to write a review on the guest´s profile anymore.

30 Replies 30
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Clara116

re: 'IF you do not post a review make sure you understand you WILL NOT be able to comment on their review.'

I don't believe this is the case.  If only one of the two parties leaves a Review, the option to Respond is there. That's the way it's worked ever since I've been hosting, and I've not seen any notification to suggest otherwise. (Indeed, I've just checked 'Reviews' under 'Help', and unless I've overlooked something, what you state isn't mentioned. Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Therefore, based on my experience to date, a common example:  Guest who has not reviewed a Host receives a Review, nice or not. The Guest then loads a Response, in the former case, perhaps thanking the Host and just explaining 'Sorry, I didn't have time, I was busy travelling....' Alternatively, defending v. negative review, and making negative comments about the Host.

In either case, it's unlikely to make a difference to  the Host who loaded the review, because nothing shows on Host profile, and it's unlikely the Guest's readers, namely prospective next Host will  contact the original Host.