cancelations

Estel-Pilar0
Level 2
Madrid, Spain

cancelations

I am wondering if a client has double booked my room and then decided that in fact these bookings were made in error,  due to confusion on  both parts,but does not feel she wants to pay the cancellation fee is there any way a cancellation can be made without any sanctions on my part.

As i do not want to risk my superhost status or pay sanctions as I do not believe it is entirely my fault and it is my first possible cancellation, what could we do?

Thank you

2 Replies 2
Justin90
Level 3
Munnar, India

Hi

First of all dont make cancellation from your end..

Take it as a suggestion :- If the booking is under refundable cancelation policty period, then ask the guest to cancel the worngly booked dates...

Or if they are in non refundable cancelation period, dont do any thing. Let the payment come to your account. And you can refund from your end. So that it will not affect your perfornce of superhost.

Remarks : Breif the guest about the amount you will be getting from airbnb is after deducting their service charges and tax

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Justin90.....

Whether the guest cancels herself, or you refund her the net result will be the same! She will lose the service fees. If she cancels herself, she loses the service fees! When the payment comes to you it will be less the service fees....What do you suggest @Estel-Pilar0 does, make up the difference for the guest!!! Seems extremely odd  to me!

@Estel-Pilar0 Do not accept any situation where you become responsible for the cancellation. The guest will be aware that the only way she can get all her money back is if the host cancels...because Airbnb have told her that!

What makes this deception even worse, in some cases you may receive an email like this one.....

Cancellation notice.png

You may think it is all taken care of and there is nothing you need to do. But far from it! The crux of this email is the sentence "The reservation will be cancelled on your behalf if we don't hear back from you"!! By doing nothing you are accepting responsibility for the cancellation. So many have been caught with this Estel Pilar.

The fact that the client double booked your room is her mistake not yours....and now she wants you to carry the can for her mistake!

Rather than try to find way around this issue I would get straight onto Airbnb and tell them that the guest is imposing requests on you that are unacceptable and you want them to instruct the guest to cancel the booking. Believe me you are much better off staying right away from this guest. If this is how she has started out she will be nothing but trouble to you……But most importantly, do not cancel on your end.....ok and don't try and help her out with refunds...That's 'Fairies at the bottom of the garden' stuff!

Cheers.....Rob