complaint against airbnb

Answered!
Beefy0
Level 5
Nature's Valley, South Africa

complaint against airbnb

I am getting seriously **bleep** off with airbnb.

Firstly, it is impossible - as far as I can find to contact them directly to lodge my complaint. It is like trying to find your way through a maze. Most user unfriendly. Secondly, my complaint is the number of emails I get all related to one booking. Everything is already done, dusted and confirmed with guests and I still get on average of 4 emails afterwards stating my time to respond is running out etc. etc.  Grrrrrrrrr - I am seriously thinking of cancelling my arrangement with airbnb if only I knew how? 

*[Profanity hidden –in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

329 Replies 329
JuanCarlos213
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I ve been having issues with my account as an admin, no one has been able to help me to fix it, so i can not accept new reservations or even see the full itenerary of the new bookings, only my co-host thank God is able to check all the messages and attend our guests, but I M REALLY **bleep** OFF, i reported this issue almost three days ago and still waiting to get my issue fixed.. but no answers, In the mean time i dont have any payout associated to the new reservations.. WHAT IS GOING ON... AIRBANDB SUPPORT!!

@JuanCarlos213 wrote:

I ve been having issues with my account as an admin, no one has been able to help me to fix it, so i can not accept new reservations or even see the full itenerary of the new bookings, only my co-host thank God is able to check all the messages and attend our guests.....

I started to face the same issue few days ago, contacted airbnb support, wasted over half an hour on the phone, the customer service lady didn't seem to understand what I'm asking about, she just kept on repeating her thing over and over again. Very frustrating experience

Tina518
Level 1
Portadown, United Kingdom

Why does it take one day to take your money from your account, and 15 days to refund it?  I hadn't even checked in and they took the money the week before.  I am now overdrawn as I have had to find somewhere else as the host wouldn't let me in. 

I set up a listing account with these jokers 5 weeks ago and jumped through all of the loops...invested about 4 hours uploading pictures, details, captions. My bank account was confirmed and told my property was online. No. It still isnt. I've been told there is a technical glitch and after calling each week, they put me on escalated priority. WOW! Then the next two weeks that I called I was also told the same crap. 

EF- YouAirbnb

Jermaine9
Level 1
Nassau, Bahamas

I normally have easy transactions but this time they really pissed me off. First the host tells me the prior guest is extending well if that's the case take the **bleep** listing down. So now Airbnb tells me they will apply the funds to my new reservation that never happened. So now I'm double charged. Wait there is more when I booked my second res some system glitch told me I was unsuccessful so I did it again. Guess what? I was successful the first time and now i'm charged again. All these mofos. An offer me is a $20 discount which I still haven't received for future useage and promises to refund me but I have to speak to my bank about how long the hold is. If they had not fked up so much I wouldn't have to go through all of this 

Inalso needed to close my card because instead to get trfund, they still trying to get more money from me. Those people in their call center, they always saying about i eill get the refund and i will not more charged but again and again i can see how irbnb is trying to get more money. I do not know how to fix this issue because even the owner did not get any money and anyway airbnb took all and still charging me

Mark1368
Level 1
Wales, United Kingdom

Myself or our organisation will never use AirBnB again!

We booked at Studio Villa Bali, located West of Denpasar, Bali and upon arrival the accommodation was nothing like how it was described. We also noted that the bedding was creased and upon further inspection, found foreign human hairs both under the covers and under the left side pillow. It was quite obvious the bedding was not freshly made and a serious hygiene issue. We checked out 4 days prior to the departure date because AirBnb help support failed to contact us to resolve the issue. We filed for a refund and after 3 days, AirBnb sided with the host for flimsy reason, simply repeating their refund policy which we had already proved was in breach of several points listed.

We strongly recommend not using this company as their claim that you can get refunds as long as you inform them within 24 hours of check-in are false. They will simply try to fob you off with a policy, regardless if your claims are valid reasons for a refund.

Rohan29
Level 1
Somerville, MA

Airbnb is a total scam. I got cheated by the host for almost $300 and instead of helping me get my money back, Airbnb is actually trying to extract more money from me. I am going to file a consumer complaint against Airbnb

Tell me please, how to fill that customer complain because airbnb should refund me but instead of that they still trying to get money from me 

Theresa11
Level 3
London, GB

BYE BYE AIRBNB...NEVER AGAIN!!!

well.. guess what? I just dialled their London number for hosts as I need urgent help with a third-party booking (which should be in airbnb's interest to AVOID)... .. I ended up in a callcentre in Dublin with a super unhelpful dude called 'Andy' who hung up on me.

After 4 years with Airbnb and being disadvantaged as a host each and every time... 2019 will be my last year on AIRBNB... I've opened shop on alternative websites and already have much nicer guests (and support!)... Airbnb will be a word of the past soon... bye....!

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

Hi Everyone!

I'm posting this message in a couple different forum posts today. Each one is a thread where we are unhappy with Airbnb, and that is still active (i got upvotes in each one of these in last week or two).

Airbnb is pretty rapidly turning from an excellent opportunity into a full on disaster.  This new head of customer service Laura Chambers is exactly the game player I told you all she would be.  All games and no results.  Her qualifications are literally in online reviews, not vacation rentals.  She literally knows nothing about our business, just about 'how to keep people happy.'

In the last 8 months, we have seen Airbnb reverse on exactly zero bad decisions.  They have not reversed the cancellation policy that most hosts saw as an insult.  They have continued holding payments longer and longer (sometimes I get paid 5 - 7 days after a listing shows up and checks in now).  They have done nothing about bookings being made with no payment method on file.  They have done nothing about their insane 'refund any guest, at any time, in any place' policy.  The worst part of all of this is they struck up a conversations claiming they wanted to listen on each of these issues, then ignored obvious and overwhelming feedback.

Everyday with guests checking in and guests in my home, at this point, I just feel taken advantage of by Airbnb over and over and over.  I see thousands of complaints here in this forum that basically sum up to Airbnb using us like cheap disposable employees that they don't have to insure, or even really pay in many cases.  I know many of you feel the same way, and have been frustrated by Airbnb's lack of response.

Point Blank:  If you feel this way, taken advantage of by Airbnb, deceived and tricked into being a min wage employee and donating your own house to do it, the only smart thing to do is start complaining with the justice department.  The Better Business Bureau has already been flooded with Airbnb complaints, but Airbnb stepped in and bought someone off for an A+, so no help there.  The last and best option is to flood the justice department with complaints until they finally stop Airbnb from tricking people into being min wage employees.

Please, I beg you, if you are having these problems, do not be complacent, they are getting worse, call the justice department today.AirbnbBBBRatingPingPong.png

Hi @Tony134

Any chance you could post those BBB pics separately please? When I try to enlarge them, the writing is too blurry to read 😞

European hosts, and hosts in all countries who contract through Airbnb Ireland (all regions except US, India and China), can lodge complaints with the EU Commission, which is already keeping a close eye and starting to clamp down on Airbnb's unfair policies and commercial  practices. All EU languages supported. 

https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr

Olya16
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

That’s a very helpful link , thanks Susan ! 

Olya16
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi Tony ! Do you know where can I complain if I’m not from Usa ?

Jean70
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Thank you Tony for sharing your experience and helpful info.

could you please provide the link or contact phone of the justice department !

Thank you!