complaint against airbnb

Answered!
Beefy0
Level 5
Nature's Valley, South Africa

complaint against airbnb

I am getting seriously **bleep** off with airbnb.

Firstly, it is impossible - as far as I can find to contact them directly to lodge my complaint. It is like trying to find your way through a maze. Most user unfriendly. Secondly, my complaint is the number of emails I get all related to one booking. Everything is already done, dusted and confirmed with guests and I still get on average of 4 emails afterwards stating my time to respond is running out etc. etc.  Grrrrrrrrr - I am seriously thinking of cancelling my arrangement with airbnb if only I knew how? 

*[Profanity hidden –in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

329 Replies 329

That is the worst support team in the world because all time promising to call back or even when they say that they solved...  thats not true at all!!!!

now i hate airbnb, i wish never tried to get a place using they service because they took my money and never return nothing, the worst of all is that the owner did ask to teturn the money but instead to get something back airbnb is trying to get more. They are scammers 

Just keep at them like a badger.  Don't stop and go to facebook and social media.  Hold them accountable. It's a pain, but it works.

Sally406
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

AirBnB used the my CC details from the PayPal transction for an upcoming stay to fraudulenty take £1500 from my card.  After having to cancel my card and upload  the new details, spend hours on the phone with my bank and PapPal,  my bank blocked AirBnB from having access to my new card - they take a rather dim view to fraud and theft. 

Because I couldn't now use PayPal to pay the balance for my stay (they have also blocked them), Air BnB threatended to cancel my reservation.  So not only do they steal money from me, they then try to ruin my holiday.  I've had to contact the owners of the propery, who luckily are decent people, and pay them direct.  Air BnB have done nothing to apologise for this disgusting behaviour - in fact they questioned whether my friends had used my card ..... er no, it was YOU AirBnB - you were investigated by my bank and you took the money, not my friends!! They didn't even have the decency to refund the interest acrued on my card for their fruadulent activity! Their "Customer Experience" handlers are a joke - if you can gt hold of them!  As they can't be bothered to do the decent thing - I'm taking to all forms of smedia to warn people of these shysters - I work in media as do all of my friends (the ones they accused of stealing from me)!

Daylanda0
Level 2
Champaign, IL

Never book with airbnb they are crooks and no one should ever do business with them.. You are better of with a guarantee with a hotel... Airbnb sucks...

Daylanda0
Level 2
Champaign, IL

I reserved a home from a man named Edward in charlotte nc uptown. I had to cancel a month before my trip. Which i thought i was well within my cancelation rights 48 hours after or 15 days before trip. Know i am being told that i get nothing back $610 gone. Because i did not read ot correctly. WTF!!!!!!!!!! I even called the host he said that he would be willing to refund me $100 but didnt have to give me anything... What is happing what a rip off. Life happens people and you guys are playing with peoples money and time. I am soooo disappointed. I recommend airbnb to people. I will be sure to let them know about my experience. I will also be yelling from the rooftops that otheres should not waste their money with airbnb. The refund policy is a crock of **bleep**.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Daylanda0,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience. I am not sure of the specific details of your booking and so I don't know which cancellation policy the host set up for the listing you booked. 

From you message, it isn't clear if you have been in touch with our Support Team, I would recommend doing this as they will be able to set up a refund (if you host agrees to this) and/or provide you with more information around the specific cancellation policy.  The phone number from the USA is: +1-415-800-5959 / +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free) or here is a useful Community Center Guide on the different ways to reach them. 

I really hope you get this sorted soon and can have a great stay wherever you book next.

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Houman2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I have the same issue here about a booking, Their cancellation policy is very vague and unclear and I found myself in a similar situation with a couple of hunderds lost.

They just said they are sorry and even admitted that their cancellation policy may be confusing. It is even funnier that their way of 50% refund calculation is take into account the Airbnb service fee as a full and so you end up receiving less than 50% of your money.

I've used Airbnb for years but I will try my best to avoid it in future and try to use more clear competitors. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Anyway, how can I sue them and what is their regulator body in the UK as I am sure their customer service is waste of time.

Catherine1312
Level 1
Dallas Center, IA

I have always had a good experience with Air B&B, however, I will not do business with a company that is blatantly anti-semitic and refuses to do business with owners in Judea/Samaria due to their ethnicity.  We boycott bigots.  

Airbnb- SUCKS! They love to charge you ( the person who is leasing homes) with outrageous cost which are so called fees for , insurance, service, protection - however when you have an issue you get the run around with different staff members who are unable to read or find references to the previous contacts - I NEVER get a call back from a manager when I request one ! 

Get your **bleep** together Airbnb - you charge us/ me a premium for your so called service but you don’t back it up whatsoever- grow some business acumen and start giving the service we pay for !!!

Ginger62
Level 1
Fort Atkinson, WI

Just stayed at an airbnb with mold, ants, filthy throw, no blankets, no breakfast as advertised, a large gap in the entrance way that would welcome any type of critter to come in from the cold.  We called the owner, who has never responded.  We complained to airbnb, they denied our complaint...not even wanting to see pictures, etc....just closed our complaint.  We had 3 case managers in 3 days....they seem to keep passing the buck and adding time.  Very disturbing.  I have had alot of luck with airbnb in the past,  but this shouldn't even be an acceptable property for them.  Beware.  Is complaining to the BBB worth it?

@Ginger62  How awful. As a host, I'm really disgusted that places like this are allowed to operate. I don't know how you went about booking this place, but if I were a guest, I would never instant book. I would always exchange a message or two with the host first to make sure they were responsive and personable. 

I would contact Airbnb through twitter if I were you. Closing your case is unacceptable. And make sure to leave an honest review.

Pamela391
Level 2
St. Petersburg, FL

Hi, I was a guest and respect all places i went and left good reviews and left personal notes if something was wrong....I tried to cancel a reservation due to the parking issue I read and I was going on business and I did it within 24 hours of it no replay from the host that wanted full 2 weeks of my money and i never stayed there and could not reach him for days .   It took me 2 full days and I mean two full days to even get another place .  Airbnb could not reach him our company lost a contract over this.   I have stayed in places where the dishes were dirty and all over room not ready when I got there and I got there late in the evening ....still was nice and made the best of it.   BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE **bleep** AND DO NOT GIVE A DAM AND I WILL NOT MINCE WORDS ABUT IT WE ARE TALKING 48 HOURS TO REBOOK NONSTOP,.  MOST COULD BARLEY SPEAK ENGLISH AND DID NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING.  ON HOLD FOR HOURS AT A TIME AND THE LIST GOES  ON DROPED CALLS RECALLED AND THEY ARE LISTING PLACES IN ZONES OF CITIES THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO AND THEY DO NOT GIVE A DAM ABOUT THOSE RULES.    THEY BANNED ME FROM THEM BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT TO PUT UP CUSTOMER SERVICE AGTER OVER 7 HOURS ON THE PHONE BEING BOUNCED AROUND!!!!!!!    THEY SAY I WAS RUDE WELL HERE WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN FLORIDA....MY SON IS IN LAW ENFORCEMENT AND WHEN THEY GET CALLED TO AN AIRBNB  THEY ARE TURNING IT INTO THE ZONING OFFICE TO BE CHECKED OUT AND LETS SEE WHO  FOLLOWS RUES THEN.......I HATE THEM THEY PICK AND CHOOSE  WHAT RULES THEY WANT TO ENFORCE SO I AM DOING ALL I CAN WITH OTHERS TO GET THEM THE HELL OUT OF FLORIDA OR STIFFER LAWS . MESSED IWITH THE WRONG PERSON!

*[Profanity hidden –in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Houman2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Never use it again. Their cancellation policy is very vague and unclear (Strict Grace Period) and I found myself losing couple of hunderds due to their very confusing wording.

They just said they are sorry and even admitted that their cancellation policy may be confusing. It is even funnier that their way of 50% refund calculation is take into account the Airbnb service fee as a full and so you end up receiving less than 50% of your money.

I've used Airbnb for years but I will try my best to avoid it in future and try to use more clear competitors. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Anyway, how can I sue them and what is their regulator body in the UK as I am sure their customer service is waste of time.

Stefan374
Level 1
Portland, OR

We had clients who wrecked our condo and made unsubstantiated claims of being robbed. Our property is in Mexico. We live in Oregon, USA. We had to make a special trip to our property to assess the damage. We asked airbnb not to publish any feedback from the clients until we were able to do that. They didn't and the clients bad review was published anyway without our having an opportunity to respond on our behalf. The fact they won't let owners see client reviews prior to publishing is totally wrong especially when claims can't be proven and airbnb doesn't even know if they are true. They are based in San Francisco yet if you want to talk to a human about your lisitng you are forced to talk with someone at a call center in Manilla! We permanently removed our property from airbnb. We don't need them. We now refer to them as "scare-bnb". There are plenty of other vacation rental sites out there

C72
Level 2
New York, NY

We were robbed in costa rica and airbnb does NOT care. They are the worst I cant belive they are still in business. They take down negative reviews.