do you use Airbnb's price tips?

Lucille-and-Alan0
Level 7
Toronto, Canada

do you use Airbnb's price tips?

I'd like to know if anyone is following the suggestedice tip from Airbnb? I often look at them and think at the prices thay suggest it's more trouble then it's worth especailly in winter.  

(as I'm posting this I do not know where it will end up and who will be able to see it? I think this is something very important to know can someone explain how I would know? @Lizzie )

5 Replies 5
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

There is a long discussion on the matter here

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Prices-dropping-by-50-is-the-pricing-tool-a-complete...

In my area I cannot dump the prices to the level they are now without a negative result and increasing prices in summer would only give bad ratings on value.  The pricing tool is probably ok for those who have the attitude that anything is better than nothing, but when adding running costs and taxes it does not add up in my case unfortunately. Especially not in winter with high electricity bills.

Paul4
Level 10
Kiawah Island, SC

Understand that everything on the Airbnb site is designed to increase their income, not necessarily your profitability.

Kelly3
Level 10
Seoul, South Korea

@Lucille-and-Alan0 No, I don't use it. I don't know why it is so low, I don't know why Airbnb is pushing it (there are other features they could have worked on), I don't know where it is going.

From what I know, which is limited, I think Airbnb is pushing the listing prices low - so they can compete with other booking sites. To actually get the guests to book an accomodation on Airbnb, price is the most important factor, and they know it now.

@Marit-Anne0 Yep, it is really the pricing for 'anything is better than nothing'

@Paul4 Airbnb would say their main concern is to keep the community, rather than helping one side profit. Clever....

Isabelle3
Level 5
Leura, Australia

not any more :))  Didn't work for me

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lucille-and-Alan0,

Regarding your point here about posting, I hope I understand you correctly, but if not please forgive me and I will answer you again. 

You should know where your post will end up depending on which board you are in when you post. So, if you click on 'Start a conversation' to start a new topic, when you are in the 'General Hosting' board it will go here. However, if you click into say 'Hosting' (which is like a header for other board) in the menu bar, if you click on 'All topics' (see below) then you can choose the board you want this to be posted in. If you don't select this and just click 'Start a conversation' then in the post writing area you will be prompted to select this.

All Topics.PNG

However, if you ever post in a board that you don't plan to, you can tag me and I will move for you. Plus, you also have 45 minutes to edit any of your posts. 

In terms of which boards are closed, at the moment if you look in the welcome description (see below) in all of the boards if it states 'Posts and replies on this board can only be viewed by hosts with at least one active listing' etc...then this is a closed board. We have received lots of feedback on ways to make this clearer which the team are looking into at the moment. 

Welcome posts.PNG

I hope this helps, please do let me know if I haven't quite answered what you were looking for. Thanks so much. Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.