guests peed on the bed - how do I review?

Hilton6
Level 2
Kingsburgh, South Africa

guests peed on the bed - how do I review?

So i am new to Hosting, Just had guests booked out. Cleaning Crew took of bed linens and realized one of the beds are wet and smell like pee? 

What should i do? Guest never mentioned that one of her kids peed in the bed? 

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Hilton6  Kids sometimes pee in beds which is one of the reasons you have water proof mattress covers, right?  Is your concern about the guest not reporting it or about the pee or both?  I would look at the whole experience and judge whether you would host her again.  If you would, then you might give her private feedback about the bedwetting.  It is possible she didn't know if the kid did not report to her.  

Hilton6
Level 2
Kingsburgh, South Africa

Concern is both, the not telling me amd the peeing in the bed. Do I charge her a clean up for mattress? 

Ps. Thank you for tip on Mattress Covers 🙂

@Hilton6 I agree with Linda. Look at the whole experience. If the stay went well and you feel that this is a small blow to resources, time, etc. I would just let it go and mention it via public/private feedback. If you have no choice but to replace the mattress and linens, it might be worth charging.

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

My thoughts on this are that if you haven't marked the options about not suitable for children <2 & 2-12 then you should expect accidents. Personally I don't want children at my property and I say it's not suitable but that doesn't stop people with kids requesting a stay, I either have to accept or decline. Declining means I take a hit on the decline meter, and rankings, or accept and hope for the best. I have the typical mattress protector under the sheets but also a waterproof thin cover over the mattress just in case. Good luck to you.