is my address private

Jan66
Level 1
Tokyo, Japan

is my address private

Hello,

Airbnb used to only provide the listing's address to only confirmed guests. Is this still true?  I saw a message in the Location section today that the address is used by guests for searching the listings? I'd rather not have public viewing my address

2 Replies 2
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A one mile radius of your address is provided so the guest can do their own research of the area if they so wish but Airbnb do not release you address until a booking is confirmed.

I have seen some guest include pictures  which show their door number, street name or even provide the details in the title or description, those are out of Airbnb’s control; so long as you only complete your address in the section provided by Airbnb then it will never be released prior to a confirmed booking. It is against their policy as well to release any personal information prior to booking so don't worry.

BW, Ama

Nikki3
Level 1
Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, France

I heard that our address is available during a search?! IS THIS TRUE?!

This is very scary and has changed!

I don' think I like this at all!

I've had people want to argue with me over a cleaning fee of $20, and get nasty/mean!

I do not like that Air BnB has changed this without my consent.

I am really hoping this is not true, especially after I just went into the location and tried to change it! When I know I just put the street.

I am praying this information is optional for the host, and only made available to the approved guest after booking.

This is not safe!!!! I feel I am a little disappointed, and will have to create another listing?!

Kind of a bummer, if this is true~

I love you AirBnB, but this is not a safe feature for your host!