okanagan forest fires

Jody-and-Melissa0
Level 2
West Kelowna, Canada

okanagan forest fires

I was wondering if anyone could weigh in and give me some advice. We have had many forest fires in BC this year; a record year for them. Randomly through the summer, the valley has had smoke. We have been booked up all summer and a relatively recent booking, which is set to start tomorrow, now cancelled and wants a full refund because of the smoke impeding their plans to golf. 

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jody-and-Melissa0

Ask them to cancel via AirBnB and then see if the exteuating circumstances policy comes into play - remember you have recevied zero money so far. The faster the cancel the better the chances you have of re-booking (I hope). If the AirBnB applies the extenuating circumstances policy - which it may, then you will get nothing anyway. You don't say if there is a problem with smoke - if so, then I would probably agree to them cancelling (not you...!).

Again if you receive an email asking if you wish to accept the cancellation, remember to decline, otherwise AirBnB plays this sneaky trick of saying you cancelled and it appears on your listing as a cancellation. Click that you want to continue with the booking.

Jody-and-Melissa0
Level 2
West Kelowna, Canada

Sorry! I posted too soon. Anyways, they are threatening to leave us a bad review, slam us on social media and go to Alberta papers. We already adjusted their stay from 4 nights to 3, no questions asked. But now they are implying we are putting them in harms way when in reality the fire is no where even remotely close to us.