"An update about pre-booking questions" Emails

Graham34
Level 2
Beacon, NY

"An update about pre-booking questions" Emails

I recently received several automated emails from Airbnb with the subject line "An update about pre-booking questions".  The body of the email states:

We noticed that you currently use pre-booking questions,a feature that we‘ll soon be retiring.

Since we know the first conversation between you andeach of your guests is important, you’ll still be able to ask gueststhe same questions in your pre-booking message.

<Update pre-booking message>

We appreciate your understanding as we work to improvethe Airbnb experience for everyone.

Thanks for being a host,

The Airbnb Team

When I click on the <Update pre-booking message> button, it takes me to the listing page for one of my listings.  There is no reference on that page to pre-booking messages, what was being retired, or what I was being asked to update.

I called in to Airbnb Support twice.  Neither support rep was familar with this email or had any knowledge of what was being retired or what to update.  One of them stated that simply by clicking the button in the email I was "all set" and "nothing more needed to be done".

Does anyone know what's being retired or what it's being replaced with?  Or what is the driver behind the change?

Graham.

4 Replies 4
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Graham34, there have been several posts about this in recent days and everyone is scratching their heads. I'm wondering if it might be some kind of spam as it is written in poor grammar without spaces between some of the words. All very strange...

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Graham34 and @Kath9 

Thanks for sharing this. I have contacted the team and can confirm this is a message sent from Airbnb. You can change the way you receive notification from Airbnb in your profile account settings.

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Thanks for following up Stephanie - much appreciated.