surveillance cameras

Simon237
Level 4
Brisbane City, Australia

surveillance cameras

AirBNBs policy considers a "surveillance device" including "web cameras in computer monitors [or] smart phones with video and/or audio recording capabilities". Given that nearly all hosts (that live in the house they rent) have these are we really required to declare these in our listings, even if the devices are only used when taking part in a video conversation (e.g. Skype)

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/887/what-are-airbnb-s-rules-about-electronic-surveillance-devices...

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Simon237 I don't think Airbnb might be THAT common-sense-deprived to assume that any laptop/smartphone in the listing is there for no other reason but waiting for the guest to be filmed. 

It is any device left (ON) in those privately used areas (bedrooms, bathrooms) that are prohibited, and with which I guess everybody agrees. The rules were worded so harshly over there to prevent hosts from even thinking of that kind of abuse.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

No

David
Imtiaz3
Level 1
Dhaka, Bangladesh

If any host of the Airbnb, under the surveillance investigation, how many days Airbnb took to complete the information. 

For the investigation period, how many days a host is blocked.

In that investigation period, what happened about the guest who already booked that listing and what about for the host's all future payments. 

How to overcome or be the part of this type of investigation

Imtiaz
Lucy170
Level 2
Vermont, United States

Should we add to our listing descriptions that there are no surveillance devices on the premises?

Lucy170
Level 2
Vermont, United States

I am wondering if hosts should put into their listing description something like "we have no surveillance cameras, hidden or otherwise on the premesis"? Is this an overreach? or is it smart? Would like to know opinions....