three week stay

Bonnie6
Level 1
Roseburg, OR

three week stay

I have someone requesting a three week stay.  I was wondering about adding a security deposit for a long stay, but how much?  Also, what do I do about supplying clean sheets and towels?  

They are from Singapore, and a little nervous about leaving them for 3 weeks.

2 Replies 2
Gary-And-Rose0
Level 7
Chemainus, Canada

My thought is you should be charging a damage deposit on any reservation. I charge 500 whether its 2 days or a week. It only puts a hold on thier visa in case of damage. 

Regarding changing sheets why not gonin at end of week and swap out sheets and that way you can check on place weekly. This will give you peace of mind. Jist let them know that is what you will be doing in advance. 

Now that they have requested the room, you cannot add a security deposit.  The terms of the reservation are based on when they request, which means you were not asking for one at that time.  To do this, you will need to ask them to withdraw the request, add the deposit, and have them request again.  

If you have concerns, keep talking to them until you are as comfortable as a pig in slop.  Any feeling of unease is a red flag.  Ask questions until you no longer feel trepidation in renting to them for three weeks.  This includes coming up with a plan for changing linens - you seem to want to do that - or working out a plan and agreement to have them launder them while they are staying with you.  These are the details you get to iron out before accepting a reservation.   

Good luck.