[GAME] One sentence story

Online Community Manager in
London, United Kingdom
Online Community Manager

16259561_HiRez_hannah-puechmarin-the-edge-port-douglas-airbnb-qantas-022.jpg

Hi everyone,

We thought it was high time for another game now that the festival is behind us again, and this time I want to try something new. As a kid I was always very fond of story time and I had (still have) a wild imagination, and I’d love to bring that to the table here. So we’re going to do:

One sentence story!

Here’s how it works: I’ll start with the beginning of a story that you will build upon. You continue the story, adding one sentence each time. At the end I’ll collect everything and post the entire story.

As this is the first time we’re doing this I imagine it’ll be quite an experiment to do it structurally, so I’d like to suggest that whenever we add to a/the story we copy over the entire story and add our piece below in bold font

The beginning of the story is:

“There once was a guest, all dressed and impressed by the place they would visit this evening. They jumped on a plane, quite insane, as their small baby boy was weaning.”

I can’t wait to read what you come up with!

Sybe

P.S. It doesn’t need to rhyme, I just felt like it!

Can’t find what you’re searching for?
Click start a conversation to ask the Airbnb Community! 

5 Replies

Re: [GAME] One sentence story

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

@Sybe 

There once was a guest, all dressed and impressed by the place they would visit this evening. They jumped on a plane, quite insane, as their small baby boy was weaning. The plane ride was bumpy, the baby was grumpy and two hours seemed like a year, but they landed in Greece, where they were joined by their niece and the sky was deep blue and clear.

in
Victoria, Australia
Level 10

@Sybe although they had booked a house with a cook ,the address was not clearly showing,so away  they  went in the car they had rent , not really knowing ,if the house the app  was showing , was anywhere near where they were going.

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

There once was a guest, all dressed and impressed by the place they would visit this evening. They jumped on a plane, quite insane, as their small baby boy was weaning. The plane ride was bumpy, the baby was grumpy and two hours seemed like a year, but they landed in Greece, where they were joined by their niece and the sky was deep blue and clear.

Although they had booked a house with a cook ,the address was not clearly showing,so away  they  went in the car they had rent , not really knowing ,if the house the app  was showing , was anywhere near where they were going.

Luckily, the host was responsive, and they realised that the instructions all there and clear;  so they arrived at the listing, all shiny and glistening, with no reason to shed a tear.

in
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Level 10

Seems to me a Happy End !

Emiel1_0-1663963353657.png

in
Auckland, New Zealand
Level 10

There once was a guest, all dressed and impressed by the place they would visit this evening. They jumped on a plane, quite insane, as their small baby boy was weaning. The plane ride was bumpy, the baby was grumpy and two hours seemed like a year, but they landed in Greece, where they were joined by their niece and the sky was deep blue and clear.

Although they had booked a house with a cook ,the address was not clearly showing,so away  they  went in the car they had rent , not really knowing ,if the house the app  was showing , was anywhere near where they were going.

Luckily, the host was responsive, and they realised that the instructions all there and clear;  so they arrived at the listing, all shiny and glistening, with no reason to shed a tear.

Alas the Host became overcome with fear when he saw the small baby boy head for the chair, knowing their was Goldilocks the treasured real live Big Brown Bear waiting for his porridge.