[Game] 🏳️‍🌈 LGBTQIA+ Pride music emoji quiz! 🏳️‍⚧️

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

[Game] 🏳️‍🌈 LGBTQIA+ Pride music emoji quiz! 🏳️‍⚧️

GR_SE-49361_shutterstock_699631906_For_You.jpg

Hey everyone!

It’s time to have some fun, and this time I’m hosting one of the CC’s favourite games: the emoji quiz! As some of you may know, June celebrates Pride Month, and since this is something very important and personal to me and many other people around the world, I wanted to use this opportunity to make an LGBTQIA+ themed emoji music game.

Can you guess which of the LGBTQIA+ community’s most popular songs are represented by the emoji below?

LGBTQIA+ Emoji Game.png

Have fun!
Sybe

P.S. Have a look at some of the events and spotlights from AirPride as well:

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

37 Replies 37
Ralf5
Level 10
Inzell, Germany

@Sybe 

no. 13  Aive (by Cia) or may be I will survive (by Gloria Gaynor) ?

@Sybe typo: Alive (not Aive)

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Ralf5 I will survive by Gloria Gaynor is correct! It's such an empowering song, definitely one of my personal favourites.

-----

Ralf5
Level 10
Inzell, Germany

@Sybe 

no. 4 Vogue (by Madonna)

@Mika8 

I must admit, the dancing moves in the video are quite similar to Macarena, however the lyrics and the sound have more class in the Madonna song...

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Ralf5 That's the one! Was my hint too easy? 😜

There's of course the Vogue magazine and though this song refers to the magazine in some parts, Madonna is mainly referring to Ball Culture or the Ballroom Scene. The ballroom scene is a predominantly African-American and Latino underground subculture that started in opposition to the racism black and latino drag queens experienced in established pageants, where the judges were mostly white people. The documentary "Paris is burning" and the TV show "Pose" both show in their own way what the ballroom scene was like. 

-----

Ralf5
Level 10
Inzell, Germany

@Sybe , @Mauricio467 , @Emiel1 , @JJ48 , @all ,

only 2 more to find out.

I kept on thinking up and down, but the emojis don't tell me anthing I would remember as a song. Obviously too difficult for me, so I am out. 

JJ48
Level 10
Providence, RI

@Sybe I think I have the last two.  #12 is You Make Me Feel Mighty Real and #14 was so hard because I was hung up on "artist" or "painter" but it finally clicked for me:   #14 is Cabaret!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@JJ48 Those two are correct, well done! You Make Me Feel Mighty Real by Sylvester and Cabaret by Liza Minnelli. 😃 

Thank you so much everyone for participating!

-----